Omg!!!!!! I blow the motor

J'sSilverSnake

Established Member
Last weekend i blow the motor racing a camaro, i was around 175+ MPH i was also spaying from 2nd gear. I throw 6th gear and i felt the car lose power and i let off. i look back and smoke covering the hole highway. I want to know what is the best way to fix my car? should i repalce the motor with a remanufacured one or should i biuld one up? what are my options and what should i do. im thinking about rebuilding it with low cop pistons and stronger intunals. is this the way to go? i dont want to buy a new motor and see it blow a few months later. what should i do? help plz....

MVD

Established Member
Last weekend i blow the motor racing a camaro, i was around 175+ MPH i was also spaying from 2nd gear. I throw 6th gear and i felt the car lose power and i let off. i look back and smoke covering the hole highway. I want to know what is the best way to fix my car? should i repalce the motor with a remanufacured one or should i biuld one up? what are my options and what should i do. im thinking about rebuilding it with low cop pistons and stronger intunals. is this the way to go? i dont want to buy a new motor and see it blow a few months later. what should i do? help plz....

I am sure everyone will come on here and call you a douchebag for racing at 175+.....I will simply say that if you plan to spray at WOT in 6th gear again, you will need a STOUT motor if you want to drive it the next day.

J'sSilverSnake

Established Member
i started sraying in 2nd gear all the way till the needle passed 160. sorry for the the mess up trying to type fast. any ideas on pistons, rods or what should i do. if you had this happen to you befor plz help

s_x_i

Established Member
Did you beat the guy?

I'm not going to call you names, but most of us know you can't do serious high speed pulls with this motor, never mind when spraying!

I would rebuild, go with high end internals and then next time you'll be able to spray all you like with no fear of meltdown. Come on now, spraying 6th was just a touch on the silly side now wasn't it... :shrug:

TRBO VNM

I suggest reading up on these cars and learning before you go do something like that again. these cars create a lot of heat and don't like high mph runs. a lot of motors have let go doing that without nitrous. I don't care how much money I spend on a motor, I would never start taking it that far in the gears at WOT or even on the road. good thing the motor is all that got hurt.

if I were to build a motor, I would find my builder and talk to them about the plans I have for the car and let them determine what internals to use. that is what i would do.

03Cobra04GT

Under Construction
Established Member
I know the oil pumps go bad in these motors when doing high mph 5th-6th gear pulls. It will give you a good oil pressure reading through the run and them when letting off the pressure goes in the ground. I would have a professional build the motor in the car now because not trying to be a ass but it sounds like you do not know a lot about these cars. Call Sam@Coastal Dyno in Tampa. He is the man with mod motors.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRBO VNM

I know the oil pumps go bad in these motors when doing high mph 5th-6th gear pulls. It will give you a good oil pressure reading through the run and them when letting off the pressure goes in the ground. I would have a professional build the motor in the car now because not trying to be a ass but it sounds like you do not know a lot about these cars. Call Sam@Coastal Dyno in Tampa. He is the man with mod motors.

Sam does know his stuff and has built some engines for friends of mine down there. MPH is damn good at mod motors, Al P, Mihovitz(sp?) and some others are top in my book. we have a couple guys up here that are very good as well, just not as widely known.

and +1 on the pride comment. guess a couple things got hurt that night. that is as bad as wasting gas racing some honda.

Users who are viewing this thread