On3 turbo kit?

CrawCobra97

Established Member
Seen an on3 performance turbo kit for a 97 cobra new for a good price. Are these kits any good, has anybody in here installed one I would feel like that's a lot!!! Of work, just seeing or wondering what people think of these kits and if they have had any luck

CrawCobra97

Established Member
I'm not saying I'm not....still probably going with a kenne bell, but also still looking at all options, just asked if someone has had any experience with it. It seems cheap for all you get, but I've heard mixed things about them and have seen them on builds

HandBanana

Established Member
ON3 has steppd their game up in recent years. They used to have very mixed reviews. Their kits are reasonable but a good thing to remember with a turbo kit is: will require customization. Nothing will fit perfectly. You will have to do some fab work here and there. That should be expected though.

My personal opinion is that rather than beat the shit out of my crank, suck power from my motor to power a blower and depend on a BELT to make my power, I'd rather have a snail hanging off the exhaust manifold making use of the excess air/fuel pulsing through the motor. Superchargers are great to a point, but they cannot compete with turbos at high power levels.

Three21

Established Member
Not sure that I'd buy a used on3 kit. Either way I've heard that the WG, BOV and V bands will need upgrading then you have a good system. Also keep in mind that you'll need to swap to a tubular k member and coil overs for any turbo kit that I know of.

FWIW I was looking hard into the on3 kit for my 2v and ended up going with Hellion. I'm not saying don't get it, just be ready to tweak some things.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Their Turbo's used to come from overseas. I would pass since it's used.

Users who are viewing this thread