on3performance triple pump fuel hats

woodrow5.0

Established Member
save your money and buy the kurgan hat for a few dollars more,you wont regret it and kurgans service is top notch

Zacharyx

Established Member
Chad from On3 will never get a dime from me, his first turbo kits were direct rip offs of B&G kits, and now ripping off a fuel hat from Fore/DX/Kurgan.

Maybe if he took more responsibility for some of the garbage he put out in the past instead of blaming the installer I could tolerate him. Really hope they never sponsor here so I don't have to Ban myself

hookandpull

Established Member
^ LMAO I am really glad I started this thread cause I thought I was the only one that thought the hats looked like garbage. This coming from a guy thas more about function over form.

Zacharyx

Established Member
^ LMAO I am really glad I started this thread cause I thought I was the only one that thought the hats looked like garbage. This coming from a guy thas more about function over form.

worst part about the garbage he makes is there is gonna be someone local to buy it and it will end up in my garage to help with, and I end up on the phone with Chad again wishing I could go back and give his Dad a condom

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
worst part about the garbage he makes is there is gonna be someone local to buy it and it will end up in my garage to help with, and I end up on the phone with Chad again wishing I could go back and give his Dad a condom

Lmao!! Now that shit was funny! :lol:

NateV8

Established Member
I was talking to On3 on Corral about this. Thinking about running this hat with triple 340 pumps. I don't give a shit if it looks like a different brands hat.

Zacharyx

Established Member
I was talking to On3 on Corral about this. Thinking about running this hat with triple 340 pumps. I don't give a shit if it looks like a different brands hat.

the copying part is the least of most people issues ( UPR, Granatelli and LFP all copy others and I can tolerate them), for me it has more been the way they have conducted themselves. Early on they sponsored TTF posted of his newly designed kit, posted pics where we all noticed it copied the B&G but it was tolerated and even Brain Horne ( owner of B&G) had no issues with it since he had had made improvements. Biggest issue there was when ask to post a printed copy of his warranty it never appeared, even the few members who bought the kit never got a copy with the kits. When issues came up it was Brian who helped not On3. Eventually his sponsor $$ was returned and he was asked to move on.

I helped install a few kits soldiers bought around here, leaks warped flanges where the norm. Any call to On3 about poor fitment was only answered with the problem was with the installer not the kit. Even Kurgan used to sell them, I can only speculate but would guess he even got tired of how bod they fit.

And now the fuel hat, a soldier pointed me to one of the ebay adds, it was for 87-93 cars with a note at the bottom that to use on the fox bodies you needed to change to a 96-04 tank. I sent a question about the 96-97 tanks and the response was that they had done extensive research and it would work. I responded to inform them that the 96-97 tanks shared the basket with the foxes. After a day or so they answer was that the used tank they bought could not have been a 98 as the seller stated.

SO I have not had good dealings with them and from the exchanges about the fuel hat it doesn't seem they have done as much research as they should have to market the fuel hat to the fox body crowd.

Zacharyx

Established Member

On a non On3 note, I have seen triple 340s run on a gt500 and the charging system had issues keeping up. I do not own a terminator so I am unsure the charging capacity but seems they like to kill alternators

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
How they heck do they have them working with 96-98 cars lol?? No one has made a hat that'll work with our cars.. Interesting..

Zacharyx

Established Member
How they heck do they have them working with 96-98 cars lol?? No one has made a hat that'll work with our cars.. Interesting..

might work with yours since I think the 98 has the big hat, but they do not work with 97 and older, you would have to swap tanks.

I am going to try and mod a stock 97 hat to hold a 400lph and see what I can do with it

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Man those things dont look like theyre too well built, they look kind of cheap. I just got my new DX hat and that thing is beautiful, i wish it didnt have to be hidden inside the fuel tank!

Zacharyx

Established Member
What stops the fuel from splashing out of the huge hole for the wiring? I don't even see anything to protect the wires from wearing on the holes edge.

how dare you expect a company to give you well thought out product

96juicedGT

Established Member
Man those things dont look like theyre too well built, they look kind of cheap. I just got my new DX hat and that thing is beautiful, i wish it didnt have to be hidden inside the fuel tank!

Exactly. I just got the budget return kit and the hat looks amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread