One of my SS inserts is coming off....?

Blakers01GT

Established Member
So I'm walking back to my car yesterday, something looked funny at the bottom of my "R" on my SS Cobra Inserts. Well at the bottom, it detatched itself from the paint. What do I do now? it's nots severe but there is no stick left so trying to stick it back on won't do it. Could I have SS inserts send me a replacement "R"? I followed the directions exactly when I orginally installed them a couple months ago. Would it be safe to rip that "R" off and replace it?Has this happened to anyone that could give me some advice?

Blake'

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never heard of this happened when the installation instructions are followed. I'd give them a call and see if they'll send you a replacement letter. I'd be surprised if they wouldn't.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Go to the auto parts store and get some 3M double sided tape and apply to the back and trim with razor. Had the same thing happen.

P.S. Saw the letter off with fishing line first and clean it up from the existing tape.

Blakers01GT

Established Member
traktrbeam said:
Go to the auto parts store and get some 3M double sided tape and apply to the back and trim with razor. Had the same thing happen.

P.S. Saw the letter off with fishing line first and clean it up from the existing tape.

So actually take the letter completely off? then stick it back on, or just wedge the 3m under the bottom where it's coming off? Thanks for the replys!

Blake

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Blakers01GT said:
So actually take the letter completely off? then stick it back on, or just wedge the 3m under the bottom where it's coming off? Thanks for the replys!

Blake

Yeah completely and you might want to pick up some adhesive remover also.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Take it off completely and clean the area till it is sqeaky clean. Use a little alcohol after that let it dry and then use the 3M double sided to reapply.

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
All these are correct. I had the letters come off of my 98 GT and I did exactly as said above and no more problems since. Someone might have tried to yank on it while you were parked somewhere.

Blakers01GT

Established Member
03SonicSnake said:
All these are correct. I had the letters come off of my 98 GT and I did exactly as said above and no more problems since. Someone might have tried to yank on it while you were parked somewhere.

:fm:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great idea about the double-sided tape. A careful removal, cleaning and re-install should make for a permanent fix. :)

Users who are viewing this thread