One of the Best Sounding V8's you'll ever hear

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
That engine has more power than 2 of those BMW shitboxes could ever hope to produce combined. However the C6R engines are forced to breathe through restrictors, two holes barely larger than an inch in diameter. They do this because the C6R is far superior (both powertain and chassis) to every other manufacturer that it competes against.

An old favorite vid:

[youtube_browser]IjhInJ03-Lg[/youtube_browser]

That's the slowest, fast car ever! :lol1:

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
The Turner BMW's are much more developed machines and better cars. However, depending on pit strategy the vette may have been on older rubber at the time while the BMW was on newer rubber. I don't remember but sometimes its ok to sit back and bide your time. The BMW was doing all the work for him.......did you see how many holes the BMW opened up to let the vette sneak in and pass other cars? These races usually last 2.5 hours so you have plenty of time to make a move.

As far as V8's its definitely one of MY favorite sounding cars. I know there's countless Ferrari, maserati, ford, etc V8 powerplants out there that sound good but a sequential shifted LS9 is damn awesome.

Please don't tell me a GT mustang with Flows sounds better......

whiplash306

Established Member

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
That engine has more power than 2 of those BMW shitboxes could ever hope to produce combined. However the C6R engines are forced to breathe through restrictors, two holes barely larger than an inch in diameter. They do this because the C6R is far superior (both powertain and chassis) to every other manufacturer that it competes against.

An old favorite vid:

[youtube_browser]IjhInJ03-Lg[/youtube_browser]

BMW shitboxes? Safe to say you know absolutely shit about German engineering.

mrlrd1

Established Member
Whelen's isn't a C6R though. The C6R's compete in the ALMS GT class and their rules are much different than Grand Am's GT class.

The GMs that compete in Grand Am are forced to use comically small restrictors too, again, to make things "fair" :lol1:

Dave_6

Established Member
The GMs that compete in Grand Am are forced to use comically small restrictors too, again, to make things "fair" :lol1:

Well besides the Audi's (R8's with V10s) the GM's are running the biggest engines. Based on the racing I'd say Grand Am does a pretty good job keeping things on level ground.

Users who are viewing this thread