One of the slower 2.8/ported eaton cobras?

Power Trip

Established Member
Hey guys,

Bought the car used the way it sits pretty much. The blower was ported by LFP by the previous owner and tuned by mustang magic.

Now, my question is, is my car one of the slower MPH wise ported cobras? All my mods and #'s in the sig. I see some 2.8 guys with a stock blower going 120+ on here, and some ported guys going as fast as 125 with a ported eaton.

Im going to the car dynoed locally in april and see where and how the tune is. Maybe theres a bit more power in it?

thanks for input!

04CobraVert

8.2@170mph
Established Member
you need a cai

your power might be a little low

i know all of the ported guys around here are hitting like 505-530rwhp

rACeRs

Established Member
04CobraVert said:
you need a cai

your power might be a little low

i know all of the ported guys around here are hitting like 505-530rwhp

dyno numbers dont do d1ck at the track :thumbsup: Dont
worry about it there are so many things that can hurt your mph. Nice 60's :beer:

Last edited:

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
i would be happy with what you got now but if u want more oh well. Aren't those low numbers for a ported eaton? i thought they were 500+ rwhp

do you powershift?? :-D :-D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your mph with your mods is about average. Just ask around. The guy that bought my '03 Cobra with similar mods traps at 121-123. So I would say you're golden!

And as far as all ported blower folks being in the 505-530 rwhp range, that is not true at all. It actually ranges from 490-535 or so. Just check some of the threads and you'll see. It really depends on your mods, tune, and what octane fuel you're using. I know of one guy with a ported blower and similar mods who was making around rwhp. Also, earlier porting jobs made less power than the latest from Stiegemeier is.

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
ill be honest , your dyno #'s look like the blower isnt ported. #1 , you should definately have more power and # 2 the tq is almost always lower then the hp with the port. it is not the tuner , cause mustang magic tuned my car and i dynoed 516 rwhp and 498 rwtq with just an apten , 2.75, catback , midpipe and filter. ur mph is right on for your power level. i would definately try to find out if the guy lied to you about the blower being ported.

p.s. i trapped 125.89 with 26" et streets, would be around 127ish on a bfg or nitto.

Users who are viewing this thread