One owner 70K It's time for upgrades

Cobraonr

Established Member
BBK L/T ceramics, o/r H, MIL O2Sensor delete, X4 BAMA. Now just 49 more posts for AM discount code.
:banana:

Last edited:

Cobraonr

Established Member
Great choice to start with! It will sound amazing, and these cars really open up with long tubes.

Ordered parts from AM this week! I'm putting the car up on stands and getting to the exhaust first. At 77K miles I'm expecting the pulling the manifolds should be a bitch, can't wait.

98SVTContour98

Established Member

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
so did you just recently buy the car from the original owner?

or are you the original owner and now you are upgrading after 70k? because if so you have alot of willpower! lol

either way, best of luck and enjoy. sounds like some solid mods to start with :beer:

Cobraonr

Established Member
Original owner :-D. Growing up in Detroit (or anywhere I guess) no matter how much you add, there's gonna be a someone quicker. I like the cars lines, and high winding aluminum 4v. She's been good to me so I'm returning the favor, lol!

nomoretickets

Established Member
BBK L/T ceramics, o/r H, MIL O2Sensor delete, X4 BAMA. Now just 49 more posts for AM discount code.
:banana:

:beer:

More or less the next things on my list, except I'll be going o/r X-Pipe. One thing looking forward is that if you havent replaced your clutch in a while, you might want to do that while installing the LT's. The BBK's require removing the passenger header to drop the tranny. If the cluch is already more or less due for replacement, might as well do it now.

+1 on the catback inquiry

Cobraonr

Established Member
:beer:

More or less the next things on my list, except I'll be going o/r X-Pipe. One thing looking forward is that if you havent replaced your clutch in a while, you might want to do that while installing the LT's. The BBK's require removing the passenger header to drop the tranny. If the cluch is already more or less due for replacement, might as well do it now.

+1 on the catback inquiry

Heard that. Thanks for the heads up. I just had the clutch and FW done, so I'm good to go. I'll get a baseline sound clip video before I replace my exhaust. a) Stock b) open headers c) headers with o/r H d) headers, H, and stock mufflers and tailpipes e)all that + new Bama tune. Should be a fun fathers day weekend.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Original owner :-D. Growing up in Detroit (or anywhere I guess) no matter how much you add, there's gonna be a someone quicker. I like the cars lines, and high winding aluminum 4v. She's been good to me so I'm returning the favor, lol!
Dynamite. Treat her right and she'll treat you right. It's a love/love relationship. lol
Good luck with the headers and keep us posted!

Cobraonr

Established Member
Who the F_ designed that starter location i.e. that darn top bolt!#$@ its 90% backed out, last 10% is a bitch. More wrenching tomorrow.

jmsa540

Established Member

Cobraonr

Established Member
Happy Father's day dads! God was with me this morning, I got that top bolt off
:-D 1/4" drive + 6" ext and fresh start. Now on the pass manifold removal.

marshall_cobra

Established Member
How's it going so far? Are you doing this project in your own garage on jack stands? Are you wishing you would have just paid someone 400 bucks to have done it yet? lol

I have some mid length headers I need installed and not sure if I'm going to attempt it myself or not.

Last edited:

Cobraonr

Established Member
This is my garage, my tools, my foul mouth, & my blood :) I'm doing it on my own time which is way more $$$ the $400.
I bought a 21MM 1/2 socket and wrench at lunch, got the motor raised and a few passgr manifold bots out. Time for a break to grill out and enjoy father's day and a few beers.

Users who are viewing this thread