One touch down passenger window mod

asiansensation7

FALRLGALGHLAGLHALRRGLAG
Established Member
For all of you guys thinking about doing this, it's an excellent mod and takes 5 minutes to install. OP ships very quickly and includes great instructions.

caliboy08

Established Member
Got mine last week and installed it yesterday... what an awesome mod! thanks for putting together a complete kit/directions... very straightforward and easy.:rockon::beer:

Satyr

Established Member
I put mine in two weeks ago. For such a simple mod, it really is very convenient and makes a nice addition to the comfort oft he car.

Thanks for the product/service.

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
Got mine last week and installed it yesterday... what an awesome mod! thanks for putting together a complete kit/directions... very straightforward and easy.:rockon::beer:

I put mine in two weeks ago. For such a simple mod, it really is very convenient and makes a nice addition to the comfort oft he car.

Thanks for the product/service.

Thank you guys. I'm glad you all are happy with these things. It really gives a nice touch to the car and it's cheap.

32v Mach1

Established Member
would these work for one touch up? i assume they would basically same idea. i cant believe it has taken ford this long to start putting auto down AND up into cars VW has had this forever and is even more convenient. if i put this on the pass side might as well do the auto UP as well

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
They would work for whatever direction you want to have your window to go with one touch. I personally haven't tried to wire one to the up direction of the window. I'm not sure how much resistance would be against something that would accidentally get trapped in the window (your arm,fingers etc.). These modules are not designed for this type of application.
Vw has the one touch up and down on some models but it also has the so called pinch protection.If something gets in the way of the glass when it goes up with one touch then the window automatically rolls all the way down thing that the ford module would not do.

shurur

Established Member
Nice mod..especially if you can get the down switches on the cheap.

Another more pricey way is to buy the autoloc up/down switches from summit racing and splice/wire them between the passenger/driver side window motors and switch wires... Then you will have up/down one touch on both windows from all switch locations...I ran my wires through the door wire harness channel and mounted the modules inside the car around the footwell on both the drivers side and passenger sides...quite a little more work and $ though..

Last edited:

Sagittaria

Established Member
Just a heads up to anyone having issues. I put mine on awhile ago but I kept forgetting to post about it.

Anyways, It'd go down intermittently. Installed everything according to specs. So after about 30 minutes of going wth, I check to see if the metal panel the ground was screwed into was even grounded... it wasn't. Neither was my door either (?)... or at least very well anyways. Ran a wire behind the door panel under the tweeter, behind the weatherstripping into the hood blanket ground/insulator/AM interference blocking bolt and voila... it works great.

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Just a heads up to anyone having issues. I put mine on awhile ago but I kept forgetting to post about it.

Anyways, It'd go down intermittently. Installed everything according to specs. So after about 30 minutes of going wth, I check to see if the metal panel the ground was screwed into was even grounded... it wasn't. Neither was my door either (?)... or at least very well anyways. Ran a wire behind the door panel under the tweeter, behind the weatherstripping into the hood blanket ground/insulator/AM interference blocking bolt and voila... it works great.

Excellent post...you jogged my memory..other forums researched showed a need for a good PCM ground and another reason (beside the size of the/my autoloc modules) for moving my autoloc controllers to the footwells..same (in terms of solid ground wiring) for the down switches..a good common ground...A MOST EXCELLENT POST...that is to say..A MOST EXCELLENT POST.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread