One touch down passenger window mod

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
The ground is very important on these things. Also it is the best to have it installed as close as possible to the window switch because the longer the wire the bigger the resistence so the FORD module can malfunction. Some cars have ground on the door panel and some don't. My car has a solid ground on the door panel. My instructions say to look for a good solid ground !
Thank you for the heads up Sagittaria !!

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i forgot i have 2 sets of doors that have these switches in them.

i might start working on this today

SlowYellow

Established Member
Just installed mine. Couldn't have been any easier. Seems like it's going to be one of those convenience mods that I'm going to love. Thanks again.

racermatt

Established Member
2 questions

1) Would this work in a Fox? (Should right?)

2) Has anyone tried to wire them to go up yet?

My wife's Acura does auto up and down, so I am just curious. I understand if something got in the way the window would not go back down, but it should just stop, right?

Thanks for the info!

SilverNotch

Established Member
I did this mod today and everything went smooth except the ground I couldn't use the same ground as you did. It kept making the module click every time I used it.

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
Any of these left ???

What he said.

Any left? Interested....

Not for right now i will have to get s few more and i will get back with you guys. Thanks!

2 questions

1) Would this work in a Fox? (Should right?)

2) Has anyone tried to wire them to go up yet?

My wife's Acura does auto up and down, so I am just curious. I understand if something got in the way the window would not go back down, but it should just stop, right?

Thanks for the info!

1: It should work in any powered window
2: I dont't know. The window should stop but i don't know how much force is needed to stop it or also i don't know if the module has the resistance to lift the window

I did this mod today and everything went smooth except the ground I couldn't use the same ground as you did. It kept making the module click every time I used it.

Not all the cars have ground in the panel. Ground is very important.

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
Very interested in one, will be purchasing my cobra in the next two weeks. Let me know when you get some more so I can do my passenger side.

95nray

Established Member
I also had problems with the closest metal in my door being grounded, but after some playing with it I found where to ground it a couple inches away. After that it worked great, great instructions, great shipping, great price. Thanks a lot!

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
I also had problems with the closest metal in my door being grounded, but after some playing with it I found where to ground it a couple inches away. After that it worked great, great instructions, great shipping, great price. Thanks a lot!

I'm glad you like it!

TRBO VNM

Yeah, anymore? If not, can someone post the module part number? I would like to see if it is worth getting new from my ford contact. But if the OP has some, I would like one.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Anybody with a 'vert, you can do this on the 1/4 windows too! I did all 4 of mine years ago and they all still work like champs. I only wish that Ford had done this from the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread