One wheel sticks out farther than the other

Bockfipher

Established Member
I posted this on the Suspension board initially, but I'm thinking it might be more appropriate over here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I'm resolved to asking this question here. I must have talked to a dozen different people about this and nobody has a clue.

My rear driver's wheel/tire sticks out a solid 1/2" more than the passenger side.

I am running 315/35/17 GS-D3's with LFP 3/8" hubcentric spacers on American Muscle 10.5 replicas.

The passenger side is perfect, but the driver's side is noticeably jutted out.

I had a 4-wheel alignment done and it brought it back in a little, but it's still a solid 1/2" farther out.

I also replaced the driver's side inner tie rod because the bushing was failing.

The car has never been in a wreck.

Anybody got any idea? What could possibly cause this?

SlowSVT

Established Member
I have the same issue. Mine had about a 1/4" offset. I noticed the difference between both rear IRS mtg brackets and the inside tire side wall. Not sure what the tolerance spread is between both frame rails or if the offset in intentional. The important relationship is wether all 4 wheels are square to one another.

MasterKiller

Established Member
Mine is the same way. When I put 28" M&H drag radials on, I put 3/8" spacers on. Only the drivers side rubbed. I took the spacer off the driver side, and left the passenger side on....now the wheels are even, proper (even at least) clearance from IRS bolt, and no more driver side rubbing. By the way, this tire is the only one that completely eliminated wheel hop on my car (and it is a vert). Highly recommended, but your ABS check light will come on intermitently, because of the tire size difference in relation to the stock front tires.

Users who are viewing this thread