OnePlus One

1997Slobrah

No
Established Member
Anyone hear anything about this new OnePlus One phone? It has been out for I believe 6 months now, but I just found out about it, personally.

https://oneplus.net/one#overview

Used to be invite only to buy one, now they have opened up Tuesdays, weekly, to order them- for a limited time. Just curious if any of you know much about it or maybe even have one.

blk02edge

Established Member
"Flagship killer" yet the specs are less than a galaxy note4

1997Slobrah

No
Established Member
yeah... I wasn't exactly impressed by it. The new Turbo seems to be a better phone, also. I figured that since it was "by invite only" it might be something special.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'd be down with it. I'd be a bit leery of ordering a phone from a one-off company like that, though, with no backing.

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Att and TMO bands only I think.

The CyanogenMod phones will boast no carrier tracking with spoof capability.

As mentioned, beginning of a new movement.

Been using Cm ROMs on my phone for 10 years now.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Att and TMO bands only I think.

The caynogenmod phones will boast no carrier tracking with spoof capability.

As mentioned, beginning of a new movement.

Been using Cm ROMs on my phone for 10 years now.
You must be from the future then. CM didnt come out till 09 or so and the first Android phone aka HTC “Dream” G1 wasn’t available till 08 I believe :D

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Same dudes had stuff for Symbian.
Why do you care so much about my past experience with phone Os's?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Same dudes had stuff for Symbian.
Why do you care so much about my past experience with phone Os's?
Just pointing out the difference. Not taking anything away from it, CM are great rom’s! CM became because of Android, before it, there was no such thing.

I believe the original Dev is called Cyanogen so I can see the confusion. Never tried his past work, I used to rock a BB :beer:

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Symbian was sweet...could do the same things you can do with any smartphone just no touch UI.

And had the best hardware... Nokia.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
for what is and its price point, the oneplus one is a great phone. phones around the same price range normally don't have the specs the oneplus does. but comparing it to something like the note series / galaxy s series... it's not going to stack up. samsung basically takes any and all current mobile tech and crams it into the note / galaxy line. it's part of the reason why their phones seem so cluttered at times, but also why they lead in the spec. wars.

if you're looking for a phone that will outdo much of what's on the market... the oneplus one is a great phone.

1997Slobrah

No
Established Member
if you're looking for a phone that will outdo much of what's on the market... the oneplus one is a great phone.

I am looking to upgrade in a couple of months. Might drop Verizon and their lovely data packages, so this phone was an option. But I also like the Turbo, Note 4, and LG Flex. Figured I'd see what all the fuss is about. I also checked out the OnePlus subreddit and it didn't seem like it was all that they made it out to be, as Thomas said.

Blown 89

Established Member
Flagship killer that didn't live up to the hype and had a disastrous launch. Go with something else. They'll be out of business soon. Good price though

blk02edge

Established Member
I am looking to upgrade in a couple of months. Might drop Verizon and their lovely data packages, so this phone was an option. But I also like the Turbo, Note 4, and LG Flex. Figured I'd see what all the fuss is about. I also checked out the OnePlus subreddit and it didn't seem like it was all that they made it out to be, as Thomas said.

If you get a note 4 make sure you have a warranty, ive had quite a few issues with mine. The note 3 was flawless for me

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member

i use a note 4 myself and couldn't be happier. if i had to pick another phone, it would be a toss up between the oneplus and gs5. there's been a lot of reviews on the oneplus... it's not a world beater, but it **could** be a flagship killer for some who are looking for a phone with more features and better specs than phones which are similarly priced.

if you're aiming for a note 4 and expecting the same experience from the oneplus, you're going to be disappointed. but, if you're aiming for the galaxy s or galaxy alpha... you may be surprised at how similar the oneplus will be in terms of experience.

it will never be a flagship killer in terms of specs as price will tell you that you aren't getting all the best parts. but for a relatively affordable android experience, the oneplus will give people looking at that price range a phone which more than meets their expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread