ONR on my black GT (picturea)

implosive

Established Member
Well it's pretty much summer here in Florida (90+ degrees today) and I don't have a garage to wash the car in (well... its crammed with crap). ONR has been gaining a LOT of popularity but a good amount of people are scared of it, as I was. Last week I washed my car at 6pm while the sun was somewhat starting to die down and still got a decent amount of water marks on the car, most came out with quick detailer, but not all. I decided to order ONR and try it.

This was done at 2pm, during the hottest part of the day down here. I'm off today and purposefully choose to wait until it was scorching out. My drive way is constantly in direct sunlight from 9am till sundown. If this isn't a good test, i dont know what is.

In this picture, the door has been cleaned with ONR, the fender has not been touched

20120409_151221.jpg

Fender before

20120409_151229.jpg

Fender After

20120409_152022.jpg

My wheels weren't too dirty, but you can still see the difference. After I washed the car, i took an empty spray bottle and filled it up with some of the remainder of the ONR solution that i had in the bucket to act as a "pre soak" that people usually use on the paint. This helped A TON in those corners of the brembo wheels that get that hard dirt caked in there

Wheel before

20120409_152927.jpg

pre soak

20120409_153008.jpg

Wheel After

20120409_153327.jpg

A couple of full shots

20120409_155002.jpg

20120409_155010.jpg

20120409_155027.jpg

20120409_160003.jpg

All in all, i'm definitely a believer now. ONR will be my weekly wash until A) something better comes out or B) I win the lotto and start paying people to come to my house to wash my car. The whole set up, wash, clean up took well under 45 minutes, with taking pictures, and taking my time. I hope this helps people like me that were in my same situation

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Wasn't your feet burning?:eek:

It looks like it did a great job, I may have to try ONR myself.

Thanks for the review.

Last edited:

implosive

Established Member
Yeah man they actually still hurt a little Hahah. I really felt like I needed to test this stuff out during the hottest / sunniest point of the day, unfortunately the pavement was brutal

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Dang, looks to work very well. I might have to pick some of that up, I'm in the FL panhandle and mid summer it is tough to wash without getting water spots.

Where do you pick up ONR?

implosive

Established Member
Definitely do it you will not regret it! get it from Autogeek.net, takes one day to get it since they ship out of Stuart. Order the gallon size and you'll get 128 washed out of it (one ounce per wash). Also order the cobra guzzler hd, hands down the best drying towel on the market. Use coupon code "autopia" to get 10% off your total purchase

Charisma

Established Member
ONR is a great product. Been using it on my customers cars in the winter time and high sunlight for 4 years now!

black5.0

Established Member
I had to look myself ONR = Optimum No Rinse

OP looks good, I may have to try some myself, so hard to keep a black car clean. I spent the whole weekend 2 weekends ago claying, buffing, waxing, sealing, and I'm still not completely happy after the car is washed, living in the dusty California valley sucks

Users who are viewing this thread