Opening Day '09

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Well, I called a Yankees-Phillies World Series with the Yankees winning in 6 so bow down to me. :p
Congratulations to the Yankees on a great season. :beer: This should motivate the Red Sox brass to better the team.
To all the regulars in this thread thanks for the great baseball discussion and don't dissapear for 5 months. :thumbsup:

canibus

Established Member
Congratulations to the organization and to every yankee fan out there, its been a long wait but we finally made it. I gotta be honest, I almost shed a few tears of joy. I held back with everything i've got, It was a very emotional win for me. I get so much shit from everyone around me for being a yankee fan in socal. after 9 years of insults and ridule, here's a big **** YOU to all the haters. Yankee for life.

Tonight we don't celebrate just a championship, we celebrate the beginning of a new dinasty.

Yankee's

Last edited by a moderator:

canibus

Established Member
What makes me the happiest, is that Mr. Steinbrener got to see one more. He may not make it past this year. Thank you for everything Mr. Steinbrener!!!!

Nickyoobatz

Established Member
As I said in the other thread, this was one of the most exciting seasons to watch. I'm really happy for Matsui, he deserves the MVP.

Yankees '09!

canibus

Established Member
He really did. Damon was super clutch as well, but at the end of the day Matsui cleaned house. Although it's pretty much set in stone that he won't get resigned, I really hope they have a change of heart.

ModMike1572

Established Member

CSD

Banned
Great year for the Yankees and their fans. I had no doubt they would win #27 this year. :rockon:

Mike, Steve, Mat, John: I throughly enjoyed the conversation and debates throughout the year, thank you. It was fun! Next season can't come soon enough. :beer:

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Yeah once the Yankees got the lead I knew it was over. They played great and deserved it. Celtics/Patriots time :)

ModMike1572

Established Member
Great year for the Yankees and their fans. I had no doubt they would win #27 this year. :rockon:

Mike, Steve, Mat, John: I throughly enjoyed the conversation and debates throughout the year, thank you. It was fun! Next season can't come soon enough. :beer:

You too Chris. Keep in touch! :beer::beer:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I think I should make a thread for offseason talks. We can talk about trades and free agent signings/rumors. Keep the football folks nice and happy. :)

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I think I should make a thread for offseason talks. We can talk about trades and free agent signings/rumors. Keep the football folks nice and happy. :)

Ok with me. :)
I don't know what the Red Sox have planned at shortstop again since they decided not to pick up Alex Gonzalez' option for next season. :shrug:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Ok with me. :)
I don't know what the Red Sox have planned at shortstop again since they decided not to pick up Alex Gonzalez' option for next season. :shrug:

I think they are going to try and resign Gonzo at a lower salary. Just my opinion. I really would love to see Miguel Tejada in a Red Sox uniform. He is a player I have always tried to follow and is a favorite of mine. I think he would do very well hitting at Fenway.
Scutaro is another option but who knows how well he will respond to this career year he just had.

Users who are viewing this thread