Opening Day '09

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I was wondering where the panic attack kid has been, he must have been a bad boy because he's been banned. Hopefully not for too long.

ModMike1572

Established Member
wow, phillies must really suck if they almost blew a 6 run lead to a watered down yankee lineup.

Ya, not only that, but the Phillies still managed to give up 6 runs on the day that Lee started for them. Either way, lucky for us, we wont see Lee again. The bats are coming on hot right now. It wont be pretty for Pedro in the Bronx. Wait, I said that last time. This time I mean it!!!

Yeah, it's pretty bad! Granted it was only 4 games but he batted like almost .500 last year if I remember right.

Ya, all singles if im not mistaken. I would bet he's trying to do too much. Like he was back in April. He's due for another big hit on Wednesday.

canibus

Established Member
It's funny how the yankees seemed to want to lose at first. Once they were being egged on by the philly fans they responded back. Almost like saying, "you sure you want us to try". No other team in baseball could've closed the gap the way the yankees did. Had jeter hit a base hit, we would probably be sipping champagne right now. It's all good though. Deep down inside, we were all rooting for the phillies tonight. Nothing like winning infront of your home crowd in your brand new stadium.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Being that the series is heading back to NY means one thing. Walk off.

Who will hit it the walk off to win the World Series>?

I think its going to be Matsui. His last at bat ever as a Yankee.

canibus

Established Member
I like matsui a lot, It saddens me that he'll leave this season. Where do you think he'll end up? Do you think he'll keep playing?

ModMike1572

Established Member
I like matsui a lot, It saddens me that he'll leave this season. Where do you think he'll end up? Do you think he'll keep playing?

He already said that he doesnt want to go back to Japan yet. He wants to stay in the US and play ball, preferably for the Yankees but he knows that may not be realistic given his liabilities. Yanks wont bring him back. Damon will get the contract and be the DH. It will be a sad day when Matsui leaves. He is a class act and a true professional.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Mr. Clutch himself, captain Derek Jeter.... :rockon:

That would be awesome. Imagine how crazy Yankee Stadium would be!

Heres another hypothetical question. Lets say Pettitte goes 6 complete and we have a 1 or 2 run lead. Do you give the ball to Mo for the 3-inning save? Or is that desperation?

MassCobra

All set
Established Member

Heres another hypothetical question. Lets say Pettitte goes 6 complete and we have a 1 or 2 run lead. Do you give the ball to Mo for the 3-inning save? Or is that desperation?

Sounds like you've lost a little confidence in the bullpen. I would go to Joba, Marte or even Hughes. Those guys are capable. This Phillies team is impressive offensively, they can hit.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Sounds like you've lost a little confidence in the bullpen. I would go to Joba, Marte or even Hughes. Those guys are capable. This Phillies team is impressive offensively, they can hit.

Ya, they can definately rip. I'm actually somewhat confident in both Joba and Marte. Despite giving up the HR, Joba looked good. They havent figured out Marte yet. It would just be hard not to put Mo in the game and lock it down. If not 9 outs, he would atleast be starting the 8th.

CSD

Banned

I would not. I would use Joba as a bridge to Mo. He is pitching well out of the pen unlike Hughes who apparently has lost all confidence in his stuff.

The bigger question is will Andy go 6-7 strong on short rest??

Nickyoobatz

Established Member
Is Chad Gaudin not in the WS roster? If he is I'm suprised Girardi hasn't used him yet for anything. He has pretty good stuff from what I've seen.

ModMike1572

Established Member
I would not. I would use Joba as a bridge to Mo. He is pitching well out of the pen unlike Hughes who apparently has lost all confidence in his stuff.

The bigger question is will Andy go 6-7 strong on short rest??

Good question. I think Andy will surprise everyone. I dont see him dominating by any means, but I think we will see 6 solid innings of 3-4 run ball. The Phillies are a really good fastball hitting team. I think Pettitte's style is perfect to keep them off balance. I want to see Utley get a steady diet of breaking balls from here on out.

Is Chad Gaudin not in the WS roster? If he is I'm suprised Girardi hasn't used him yet for anything. He has pretty good stuff from what I've seen.

Ya, he's on the roster. He wont be used in any high leverage situations though.

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Being that the series is heading back to NY means one thing. Walk off.

Who will hit it the walk off to win the World Series>?

I think its going to be Matsui. His last at bat ever as a Yankee.

Would be nice if it was A-Rod. Shut these worthless critics up.:rockon:

Oh and I give the ball to Joba.

I have freaking tickets to game 6 and I dont think I will be able to make it! I am gonna try to fly out tomorrow. Freakin pissed:fm:

Users who are viewing this thread