Opening Day '09

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
If I were a Yankees fan I don't think I would be a fan of Cano. It looked like a half hearted effort on Rollins hit up the middle.

ModMike1572

Established Member
+1 to the above. I'm in love with Cano's talent but I cant stand his approach to the game. He hits .320 during the season with over 200 hits, but he wont hit when you need him to. I'll have to find his RISP numbers this year. Its actually laughable.

I would like to see Cano's talent combined with Pedroia's heart and work ethic, and we would have a first ballet hall of famer.

ModMike1572

Established Member
That was another gutsy performance from CC on 3 days rest. Utley really had his number. He's pretty much the only guy on the Phillies offense that had an an answer for CC in this series. He drove in 4 of the 5 runs CC gave up. Rest of the hitters are 7 for 45 against him.

Lets see if the bullpen can hold this.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Give Johnny Damon a ton of credit for that at-bat against Lidge to get it started.

Arod continues his postseason dominance. Commanding 3-1 lead in the series now. Cliff Lee is the only one standing in the way of my prediction of Yanks in 5.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Give Johnny Damon a ton of credit for that at-bat against Lidge to get it started.

Arod continues his postseason dominance. Commanding 3-1 lead in the series now. Cliff Lee is the only one standing in the way of my prediction of Yanks in 5.

Great ab for Damon, fought off some good pitches and got a pitch he could handle to get it started.
He's a free agent after this season isn't he? Do you think the Yankees make an effort to bring him back?

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Great ab for Damon, fought off some good pitches and got a pitch he could handle to get it started.
He's a free agent after this season isn't he? Do you think the Yankees make an effort to bring him back?

I think they will keep him

ModMike1572

Established Member

Ya, I'm pretty sure they will resign him. Matsui will be let go (I'll cry because he is a class act and I've enjoyed him over the years). Damon will be moved to the DH role because he is dreadful in left field. I dont know what the Yanks will do about left field. We have guy in the system - Austin Jackson - who is supposed to be very good, but he might be too young and not quite developed. He wasnt even called up in Sept. so that leads me to believe he wont be around for a while.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Btw, I'd still not hesitate to go to Joba in the 8th inning to setup Mo. He looked flat out nasty that inning. He just missed his location and left it right down the middle to Feliz on that full count 2 out pitch.

canibus

Established Member
Man what a game.

I give credit to the lady behind the plate. She was annoying as ****, but she was in it till the last out. She was probably the only phillies fan, that made any kind of noise while they were losing.

Hope to win it in 5, but wouldn't it be beautiful to win it in NY?

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Man what a game.

I give credit to the lady behind the plate. She was annoying as ****, but she was in it till the last out. She was probably the only phillies fan, that made any kind of noise while they were losing.

I didn't even notice her

ModMike1572

Established Member

I wouldnt really be surprised to see the series go back to NY. We have Burnett on the mound tomorrow on 3-days rest on the road where he hasnt exactly been stellar. Dont get me wrong, I think he will pitch well, but it all comes down to what Cliff Lee does. I think the Yanks made him look better than what he really is last game, I'd expect to manufacture a few runs off him this time, so it will be interesting. I wouldnt mind closing it out in Philly, but a big part of me wants to see them celebrate a championship in the brand new stadium as well. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread