Opening Day '09

ModMike1572

Established Member
Not with the way they've played these last few games.

Too much talent, and and too much pitching. I cant see them coming in third place. Rays are the odd man out this year. Miracle season last year, probabely wont happen again. Everything went right for them. Yanks and Sox will both be in the playoffs, and hopefully competing in the ALCS.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Too much talent, and and too much pitching. I cant see them coming in third place. Rays are the odd man out this year. Miracle season last year, probabely wont happen again. Everything went right for them. Yanks and Sox will both be in the playoffs, and hopefully competing in the ALCS.

with whats happened over the last few years, the ALCS just doesnt seem right when its not sox vs yanks :beer:

i just feel bad for the other teams in the east :lol1:

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Tigers bullpen has been lights out, Edwin Jackson and Galaragga have been nearly unhittable, Verlander is pulling it together and Porcello is looking like Greg Maddux today. Getting pumped up!!

CSD

Banned
Tigers bullpen has been lights out, Edwin Jackson and Galaragga have been nearly unhittable, Verlander is pulling it together and Porcello is looking like Greg Maddux today. Getting pumped up!!

Anything is an improvement from last year. :lol:

Have you seen Wang's ERA? I think it's up to 34.50 now. His sinker has been a stinker.

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member

Have you seen Wang's ERA? I think it's up to 34.50 now. His sinker has been a stinker.

I was reading about him earlier. Girardi is thinking about pulling him from the rotation. I don't know...that seems a bit premature to me.

Also read an article about the new stadium playing a little differently than the Yanks brass expected. :D

CSD

Banned
I was reading about him earlier. Girardi is thinking about pulling him from the rotation. I don't know...that seems a bit premature to me.

Also read an article about the new stadium playing a little differently than the Yanks brass expected. :D

I would pull him as well and send him down to triple A to re-group. Think about it, the Yanks are in the AL East and have to contend with Boston and the Rays. Wang is already 0-3, the Yanks can't afford to keep losing like this. These 1-2 inning games by Wang are severly depleting the bullpen. This is the major leagues, not pee wee.

Furthermore, who wants to pay $2,600 to watch a team lose by 18 runs. Yikes!

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
I would pull him as well and send him down to triple A to re-group. Think about it, the Yanks are in the AL East and have to contend with Boston and the Rays. Wang is already 0-3, the Yanks can't afford to keep losing like this. These 1-2 inning games by Wang are severly depleting the bullpen. This is the major leagues, not pee wee.

Furthermore, who wants to pay $2,600 to watch a team lose by 18 runs. Yikes!

Even better question...who wants to pay $2,600 to watch the Yankees? :D

I heard they basically priced their middle and lower income fans out of the park with the new stadium. Is this true?

CSD

Banned
Even better question...who wants to pay $2,600 to watch the Yankees?

Not many. I was watching a clip on the news the other day about a fan who has had field level season tickets since 1975. He refused to pay the price this year and gave up his seats. I don't blame him.

I heard they basically priced their middle and lower income fans out of the park with the new stadium. Is this true?

For the most part, yes. Main level seating will run you $125 a ticket. Let's do the math and say for shits and giggles you'll be bringing a date with you. That's $250 and let's not forget that awesome convenience charge, an extra 7.20 a ticket. That comes to a grand total of $264.40, that's 66 dollars MORE than my monthly car payment. Add in parking or transportation fees and food and you're looking at a $300 tab. :bored: :poke:

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Not many. I was watching a clip on the news the other day about a fan who has had field level season tickets since 1975. He refused to pay the price this year and gave up his seats. I don't blame him.

For the most part, yes. Main level seating will run you $125 a ticket. Let's do the math and say for shits and giggles you'll be bringing a date with you. That's $250 and let's not forget that awesome convenience charge, an extra 7.20 a ticket. That comes to a grand total of $264.40, that's 66 dollars MORE than my monthly car payment. Add in parking or transportation fees and food and you're looking at a $300 tab. :bored: :poke:

That effing sucks. Gotta love catering to the yuppies who could care less about the actual game. :nonono::nonono::nonono:

On a brighter note, we could have picked up tickets for last Tuesday's Tigers game for $10 a piece off Craig's List. :beer: Decided against it due to chances of rain.

ModMike1572

Established Member

He's killing the team too. Thats 3 losses basically that were over by the 2nd inning.. Bring up Hughes in the meantime, and let Wang figure himself out down in AAA. I figured Wang would be our most consistent pitcher this year too! lol

ModMike1572

Established Member

Galaragga can freakin pitch. Thats for sure. I got a chance to watch him during the WBC, very impressed, he's got good stuff.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I wouldn't worry about your Yankees this year. Typical start for them hovering around .500 then they'll rip off a stretch of something like 25-5. I just hope the Red Sox will be able to hang with them, their starters have been less than stellar too.

JoeLee

***Degenerate***
Established Member
***DODGER ***
FAN and Diamond Club season tkt holder here...

Looking good for the start, we'll see how it goes on the road.

Any have the iphone with the MLB package? awesome for monitoring wagers etc...

JoeLee

CSD

Banned
I wouldn't worry about your Yankees this year. Typical start for them hovering around .500 then they'll rip off a stretch of something like 25-5. I just hope the Red Sox will be able to hang with them, their starters have been less than stellar too.

I agree. I'm sure when Alex Rodriguez comes back in a few weeks that will get the offense going even more. And Teixeira is known for starting the season slow so hopefully he'll kick it up a notch. Nick Swisher FTW..

Minus Wang, the Yankees pitching rotation is looking strong.

With that said, I don't see why the Yankees don't win the division this year.

ModMike1572

Established Member
I agree. I'm sure when Alex Rodriguez comes back in a few weeks that will get the offense going even more. And Teixeira is known for starting the season slow so hopefully he'll kick it up a notch. Nick Swisher FTW..

Minus Wang, the Yankees pitching rotation is looking strong.

With that said, I don't see why the Yankees don't win the division this year.

Cant wait till Arod gets back and takes some swings in that launching pad they call the new yankee stadium. I dont know what to think about that though. Balls are flying out left and right like theres no tomorrow. I always liked pitching parks.

As long as we stay healthy the division should be ours. :rockon:

ModularFan

Established Member
Cant wait till Arod gets back and takes some swings in that launching pad they call the new yankee stadium. I dont know what to think about that though. Balls are flying out left and right like theres no tomorrow. I always liked pitching parks.

As long as we stay healthy the division should be ours. :rockon:

exactly, I seriously think something is wrong with Ching Mang wong, he is seriously nothing throwing the way he was last year, I think we need to bring up Phil Hughe's apparently he has like 2 wins already with Triple A, he throwing his body in front of himself instead of his arm, and thats causing him to throw high etc, and allowing HR's and more base hits.

were 7-6 I am hoping we can beat the A's tonight. or at least sweep them this series.

Users who are viewing this thread