Operation "Make Room for the Snail" (pics)

typhoon43

Established Member
Had a chance to get down to my truck at Screaming01L's shop and finish up the wiring last night. Also got my intake manifold all torqued down. All in all a very productive night. This post is just an update since I started last January :D

Running the 2/0 power wire from inside the frame up into the engine compartment. I used heat shield since the downpipe will be in that vicinity.
enginewiring%20005%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Used a 2 2/0 to 4 4-gauge distro block for the connections. The black lead is my battery cable from the rear, and the red is for my stereo.
enginewiring%20007%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Me getting dirty with the torque wrench on the lower manifold. 89 inch-lbs and then 90 degrees for a nice seal. The shirt is quite prophetic don'tcha think :D
enginewiring%20016%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Here you can see the amount of space I've freed up for my turbo placement. Most likely I'll need to shave a tad of the inner fender well. I made sure we ran everything so I can still get my fenderwells in though (with a little shaving of course)
enginewiring%20009%20%28Medium%29.jpg

The overhead mood lightning shot.
enginewiring%20017%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Next session is new black carpet, my Sparcos, and the Expedition Center Console. THEN it's time to get the piping fabbed up.

Stillllllllllllllllllllll Going.... Can't wait to be a member of the 4V turbo club!

giblightning02

Established Member
thats going to look killer when its done, what numbers will you be making?
and thats a bad a$$ shirt where did you get it?:rockon:

Last edited:

typhoon43

Established Member
As for numbers I'm shooting for 650-700@16 pounds boost, and who knows what the race tune will be with 22 pounds. At this pount I just want to DRIVE the damn thing! :lol:

As for the shirts, I helped design a few Lightning shirts with my friends.
I'll PM you details. I don't want to get in trouble here or anything. I just wear these and the Kocky Products ones for a living. I think that's like 8 shirts so I can go all week. My GF is starting to get mad at me because "all you do is wear black car shirts!" :D

99boltsvt

hey lady..wanna ride??
Established Member
As for numbers I'm shooting for 650-700@16 pounds boost, and who knows what the race tune will be with 22 pounds. At this pount I just want to DRIVE the damn thing! :lol:

As for the shirts, I helped design a few Lightning shirts with my friends.
I'll PM you details. I don't want to get in trouble here or anything. I just wear these and the Kocky Products ones for a living. I think that's like 8 shirts so I can go all week. My GF is starting to get mad at me because "all you do is wear black car shirts!" :D

I would love to know about that shirt as well. can you PM me the info?

BTW....Great looking work on the truck!

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
well I skipped Wing House, but Dave and his friend still went. I had to work after that. It's all good. Just glad to start seeing the light at the end of this build.

Hey Ride The:
doit.gif

ohh yeah, I had the big half gallon mug of BlueMoon with an orange wedge and some buffalo chicken strips!!

Users who are viewing this thread