Opinion on fuel pressure gauge

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
Hey guys, I think my sending unit on my AEM Fuel Pressure gauge went doo-doo on me. Let me know what you guys think:

Before putting in new plugs and fuel filter, key on engine off would read about 44psi. While driving it would give me a slight sway between 37-44psi.

After putting in new plugs and fuel filter KOEO reads 35psi, and while driving will go from 18psi (sometimes) to sway between 25-33psi.

I'm literally reading 10psi lower now, yet when I datalog at idle, reads a steady 39psi on the SCT.

Anyone have issues like this? A new sending unit is $66 and I'm trying to avoid dropping that coin. What I've tried:

-Purging the air from the lines. When I depressurized the fuel system for the filter, I unplugged the inertia switch and cranked it a couple times

-Taking the sending unit and adapter off, re-teflon pasting them, and reinstalling them.

-Checked for vacuum leaks everywhere

The car is running so smooth and has zero drivability issues.

Any help you guys can shoot my way would be awesome. Thanks!

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
UPDATE:

Due to the overwhelming amount of support I got from you guys (sike), I confirmed it was the sending unit. I hope this helps someone. Here is the specs on the gauge for the google search:

AEM 30-4401 reading low or reading inaccurately.

Fix: New sending unit.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Lol good thing it was just the sender not the car itself. Those pressure sensors are quite delicate from what I searched.

Tractionless1

Established Member
UPDATE:

Due to the overwhelming amount of support I got from you guys (sike), I confirmed it was the sending unit. I hope this helps someone. Here is the specs on the gauge for the google search:

AEM 30-4401 reading low or reading inaccurately.

Fix: New sending unit.

Glad you found it. I'd rather receive no support than wrong support.

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
Lol good thing it was just the sender not the car itself. Those pressure sensors are quite delicate from what I searched.

Glad you found it. I'd rather receive no support than wrong support.

Jes: they are super sensitive. I blame myself for cranking it without fuel.

Traction: your words are almost too true.

Users who are viewing this thread