Opinion on New Look

BlkVnm512

Smitty's is better
Established Member
I want to run a black/red/chrome look on the car. I am going to order the 10th anniversary calipers,and was thinking i like the red and black look. so I started looking into ordering the red emblems for the side of the car and the grill. and then the blacked out headlights. as far as the bumper i have the Stainless Steel plate inserts. i have seen the outline inserts for the bumper. Debating on if i should put those OVER the ones i already have, to outline the plates themselves. how much is too much??:shrug:

link to the headlights:
Dark Smoked Mustang Headlights (99-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

link to the emblems:
1994-2004 Mustang SVT Cobra 4 Piece Red Emblem Kit

Not sure if its too much, all opinions welcome.

Thanks,
-Ryan

sc98cbra

Established Member
I want to run a black/red/chrome look on the car. I am going to order the 10th anniversary calipers,and was thinking i like the red and black look.
Why not just paint them yourself? My friend did it a few days ago.... Looks AWESOME...
Login | Facebook

Just tape up the letters...

so I started looking into ordering the red emblems for the side of the car and the grill.
Once again, why not do it yourself? I did it on my 98 Blown Cobra that I painted refire metallic... simple. Buy touch up paint from Autzone or something, the little pen will do just fine

and then the blacked out headlights.

You wasted your money. It won't be much darker than stock.

as far as the bumper i have the Stainless Steel plate inserts. i have seen the outline inserts for the bumper. Debating on if i should put those OVER the ones i already have, to outline the plates themselves. how much is too much??:shrug:

Tooo much.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do whatever YOU want to do. Our opinions are just that...opinions. I do agree that you can probably do the lettering yourself, but in many cases the work might not equal a factory part like the 10th anniversary calipers. If you do buy them, get a price from Tousley Ford. You'll get a nice discount.

Just a quick recommendation. And only my opinion. Don't overdo the red with the black body. A little red will look great. Too much and it quickly gets tacky.

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
I have the red calipers on my black 04 vert with chrome bumper inserts and the chrome rims and it looks nice. I had not seen the red emblems but they look nice in the pics. If you go for it post the pics.

Users who are viewing this thread