Opinions needed - THANKS USPS!

T.Man

Established Member
Howdy all,

Need your opinions on whether or not you would run a pressure plate like this that has a very slight gouge on the inner most portion of the clutch mating surface and a TOB that's slightly beat up but actuates smoothly.

I purchased this clutch kit off of another forum but thanks to USPS, the entire shipment was damaged and parts went missing. Long story short, I was "reimbursed" $50 and told to eat shit :cuss:

This is a stock pressure plate/clutch setup. The disc itself is perfect, surprisingly.

I thought of just nabbing a fine file or some fine sandpaper and just smoothing out the PP areas, to ensure it doesn't eat up the clutch. How about the TOB? Opinions?

Attachments

• Damaged throwout bearing.jpg
    Damaged throwout bearing.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 734
  • PP.JPG
    PP.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 747
Last edited:

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
I would just clean up those issues on the PP but I wouldn't run that throw out bearing would hate for it to be an issues then have to remove it all over again.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Agreed. The PP will be fine once cleaned up. You may want to take it to a professional for that for piece of mind.

If the person you purchased this set from sent it USPS and didn't insure, I'd see if he'd help you out with the throw out bearing. Anything large and expensive like this should be insured during delivery. That's just common sense.

SSChris NY

Established Member
Here my professional opinion of 30 years in the BUSINESS lol, there nothing wrong with what I see in the picture, trout bearing is fine, after U break in that clutch for 500-1000 miles pull it out and let me know what it looks like lmao

TSHOES

Established Member
USPS should be liable for the damage and if you still can you should refuse the shipment due to damage, whether or not you think it will still be fine, you should. I work for one of the largest LTL carriers in the US and have worked with UPS and USPS and this shit happens all the time, people are careless. You didn't buy it expecting there to be damage to it so you shouldn't accept it.

SSChris NY

Established Member
USPS should be liable for the damage and if you still can you should refuse the shipment due to damage, whether or not you think it will still be fine, you should. I work for one of the largest LTL carriers in the US and have worked with UPS and USPS and this shit happens all the time, people are careless. You didn't buy it expecting there to be damage to it so you shouldn't accept it.

What Damage are U talking ABOUT? wait one New York Minute......if it's not PiCtUrE PeRfEcT Don't install it Cause it's not perfecto to Mundo, maybe U can buff that chit out with some Zaino lamfao

TSHOES

Established Member
What Damage are U talking ABOUT? wait one New York Minute......if it's not PiCtUrE PeRfEcT Don't install it Cause it's not perfecto to Mundo, maybe U can buff that chit out with some Zaino lamfao

English is hard... :poke:

T.Man

Established Member
Thanks for your opinions everyone! I really appreciate it. I had the same thought - The PP was A-Okay but the TOB/slave is suspect. Definitely makes sense to just purchase another one with all the labor involved in getting to it, would suck if it shit the bed and wound up ruining the clutch anyway!

Agreed. The PP will be fine once cleaned up. You may want to take it to a professional for that for piece of mind.

If the person you purchased this set from sent it USPS and didn't insure, I'd see if he'd help you out with the throw out bearing. Anything large and expensive like this should be insured during delivery. That's just common sense.

Was sent through USPS and insured for only $50, which is what USPS decided was all they were liable for. I was provided with pictures before hand of how it was packaged and it was done right. Foam below and on top of the clutch/PP, TOB and other misc parts were wrapped in bubble wrap etc. However, when the box showed up, it was damn near destroyed and items missing with a lovely "we're sorry we trashed your stuff..." BS standard letter they send out.

I've already appealed it 3 different times. Even with all of the photo proof, letter, etc. they basically told me that they weren't liable, it was only insured for $50 and that I could go pound sand. I'm not the type of person who is then going to turn around and place the blame on the seller when they went out of their way to package everything really well and were great to deal with. I've just come to the conclusion that if I EVER buy anything over the internet again, I will pay the extra for either FedEx or UPS + added insurance. I've had a similar issue before with FedEx and they went out of their way to get me taken care of and things made right.

Thanks again everyone!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What did you pay for the clutch/PP/TOB? Assuming it was more than $50.00, why did the seller only insure it for $50.00? Definitely be sure next time you buy something that the seller insures it for the proper amount.

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
So it was insured for $50, damaged in transit for whatever reason, a claim was filed with the shipper (usps), and shipper paid the $50 insured amount, and now they are retarted for not paying you more than the part was insured for. Sounds like good business to me. Seller should have insured for more and was a cheap skate for not. It seriously would have been a few $ more.

Users who are viewing this thread