Opinions on Barton Industries shifters.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
When I was at Carlisle for the Ford weekend, I got a chance to check out Barton Industries shifters/brackets. Seemed like a much nicer feel than my stock shifter, so I finally got around to ordering one. Has anyone else installed one, and if so what is your opinion on the shifter or bracket. Yeah, I should have asked first, but I am a shoot first, aim later type of guy.

TRMach1

Established Member
I heard that it's a little loud?.. I want an MGW but if the barton is good enough and not too loud I'll go with that one with the bracket.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Barton shifters are top of the line, and well made. I recommend the bracket, as well. And to help with noise transfer, I recommend one of my gasket sets for the MT-82 Barton shifter.

scott_0

Established Member
Barton makes some good quality products! Dave is a good guy to deal with too, I am very happy with my Barton shifter and 2 post bracket, I thought about ordering an MGW to see what all the hub bub so to speak is all about, but havent done so

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I love my Barton shifter also. Built 3650 here in an 05 Mustang. Made the 2-3 shift almost flawless. Had a Hurst and could never get it to shift straight 2-3, always hit the block or had issues. This is with a BMR K-member and solid mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread