Opinions on insanely low 5,000 mile 01 cobra vert

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Alright guys what are opinions on this clean 2001 cobra convertible with only yes 5k miles! I was thinking 03/04 mach or cobra but i found this and it is literally at a very nice bmw store less then 10 miles from my house. i love the color (same as mine) everything is just flawless in photos. going to look at tomorrow or over weekend. Wish i could sell mine thought i had a guy taking now unresponsive! :shrug:

they are asking $22,900 clean carfax 2 owner whats it worth though? :shrug:

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Convertible for sale at Enthusiast Auto

NotSoStockMach

Established Member
Just depends on what your looking for i guess. $23k for it seems way outta whack to me... Remember its still 12 yrs old :) Your right tho, it does look flawless in the pics!

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Just depends on what your looking for i guess. $23k for it seems way outta whack to me... Remember its still 12 yrs old :) Your right tho, it does look flawless in the pics!

i wouldnt pay $23k for it but right at $20ish i think i would be very very interested if i got enough out of mine. and hope to look at tomorrow if i have time

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
$20k is still pretty high. I wouldn't give more than $17k. I know that $17k is way below what a lot of people on here value it at, but for low $20ks you can get a very nice 03/04 Cobra.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
$20k is still pretty high. I wouldn't give more than $17k. I know that $17k is way below what a lot of people on here value it at, but for low $20ks you can get a very nice 03/04 Cobra.

I understand but you cannot buy a stock 03/04 cobra with 5k miles. There is several with 8000-10000 miles asking upwards of $28k-$30k. I'm very picky I don't want a 75k mile terminator or even 40k mile terminator. Car is worth more then $17k dude there are 50k mileage 01 cobra for that if it was $17k I would be buying tomorrow

Kiohtee

Established Member
I understand but you cannot buy a stock 03/04 cobra with 5k miles. There is several with 8000-10000 miles asking upwards of $28k-$30k. I'm very picky I don't want a 75k mile terminator or even 40k mile terminator. Car is worth more then $17k dude there are 50k mileage 01 cobra for that if it was $17k I would be buying tomorrow

You really have to stop being so defensive man. :nonono: I mean the first word of the title is "Opinions." And fact of the matter is not many will pay anywhere close to that regardless of miles. When you start talking $18-20K+ you're talking Terminator territory. Now maybe if it was new in the wrapper and hadn't even been registered yet, but that's not the case.

It's a nice car no doubt, but not that nice IMO. I just think you've got your heart set on it because you seem to overvalue New Edge models and it's pretty much the same thing as your outgoing GT, just a Cobra instead.

wsvt boost 2004

Established Member
I wouldn't even consider paying any where near 20k for the car. I have bought clean, low mileage 03-04 cobras for 20k. I'm sure its a nice car but for that kind of money their are a lot of other options as far as mustangs go.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
You really have to stop being so defensive man. :nonono: I mean the first word of the title is "Opinions." And fact of the matter is not many will pay anywhere close to that regardless of miles. When you start talking $18-20K+ you're talking Terminator territory. Now maybe if it was new in the wrapper and hadn't even been registered yet, but that's not the case.

It's a nice car no doubt, but not that nice IMO. I just think you've got your heart set on it because you seem to overvalue New Edge models and it's pretty much the same thing as your outgoing GT, just a Cobra instead.

Oh so I guess I can't give my opinion back in reply? & you have to talk miles you can't find a 03/04 cobra under 20k miles for $18-20k man you just can't if you can send me links and I will buy if I ever sell mine. And my mustang is clean you can come look at if you would like but it isn't your everyday daily driver 50k mileage car it's in almost showroom condition. And I love new edges, cobras, gts, machs all of them this car is close and insanely low mileage. I have found machs for $17-18k with 10k miles but I assume everybody thinks that is nuts too. And I'm sure you think what I'm asking for my car is mach money then and a gt is worth like $7500

I wouldn't even consider paying any where near 20k for the car. I have bought clean, low mileage 03-04 cobras for 20k. I'm sure its a nice car but for that kind of money their are a lot of other options as far as mustangs go.

Low mileage as in??? 5,000????

hell i have a flawless 1998 with only 29,000 miles on it ill sell ya for much cheaper!!

not a big sn95 fan I'll stick to my favorite s197 or new edges. thanks though

I will agree with most that I would not pay 20k for that.

Why though? Everybody thinks it's worth squat.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Unless you're literally just gonna store it like it's previous owners have, it's just not worth $20K+. And even then it's a huge gamble at that price because a lot of people dislike convertible Cobras as the whole point in buying a Cobra in the first place is for the performance, something being a convertible hurts. Even less people find the parchment top/inserts desirable. Not to mention you wouldn't be able to drive it anywhere without worrying about the instant depreciation and condition of the car while you're driving it.

I'm not gonna get into it with you again about overall New Edge prices, because the last time I got reported and received an infraction. All I'll say is neither you nor your buddy with that GT with a Saleen body kit have sold your cars, even with a few price drops between you both. Hm, is that because they're not worth $13-15K like you two think?

Good luck buddy! I hope your current Mustang sells and you get what you desire! As for this particular car, you're already set on it and nothing good will come of this thread IMO. You'll be hard-pressed to find someone willing to dish out that kind of coin for this car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

A stock Terminator for $20k with even 30,000 miles on is a hell of a lot better buy than an 01 with 5000 miles. But like others have said, you're set on this car; buy it. In fact, here's an even better one.

+1

Oh so I guess I can't give my opinion back in reply? & you have to talk miles you can't find a 03/04 cobra under 20k miles for $18-20k man you just can't if you can send me links and I will buy if I ever sell mine. And my mustang is clean you can come look at if you would like but it isn't your everyday daily driver 50k mileage car it's in almost showroom condition. And I love new edges, cobras, gts, machs all of them this car is close and insanely low mileage. I have found machs for $17-18k with 10k miles but I assume everybody thinks that is nuts too. And I'm sure you think what I'm asking for my car is mach money then and a gt is worth like $7500

Low mileage as in??? 5,000????

not a big sn95 fan I'll stick to my favorite s197 or new edges. thanks though

Why though? Everybody thinks it's worth squat.

You are getting way too worked up about this.

1.) You asked our opinion.
2.) We gave you our honest opinion (Very unanimous, in fact)
3.) You decided you did not like our opinion
4.) You decided to give us your opinion on how we all are wrong
5.) We realize we wasted time giving our opinion because you didn't want it to begin with.

:dw:

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Unless you're literally just gonna store it like it's previous owners have, it's just not worth $20K+. And even then it's a huge gamble at that price because a lot of people dislike convertible Cobras as the whole point in buying a Cobra in the first place is for the performance, something being a convertible hurts. Even less people find the parchment top/inserts desirable. Not to mention you wouldn't be able to drive it anywhere without worrying about the instant depreciation and condition of the car while you're driving it.

I'm not gonna get into it with you again about overall New Edge prices, because the last time I got reported and received an infraction. All I'll say is neither you nor your buddy with that GT with a Saleen body kit have sold your cars, even with a few price drops between you both. Hm, is that because they're not worth $13-15K like you two think?

Good luck buddy! I hope your current Mustang sells and you get what you desire! As for this particular car, you're already set on it and nothing good will come of this thread IMO. You'll be hard-pressed to find someone willing to dish out that kind of coin for this car.

If I got that cobra it would be a weekend car and I wouldn't put many miles on it at all. Next mustang I get will be a mach or cobra and a daily as well cause I don't want to drive mustang in rain. And I love parchment and so you are telling me the parchment inserts in 03 cobra decrease it's value? Um no. I'm not dead set on anything I really want a low mileage black mach. They are just hard to find locally. I would take a mach over this and cause it would be cheaper/faster. And I'm asking $12,500 for mine and had several people interested at $11,500 & $11k but didn't buy cause it was an auto. It takes time man. I don't have to sell mine I just want something different.

A stock Terminator for $20k with even 30,000 miles on is a hell of a lot better buy than an 01 with 5000 miles. But like others have said, you're set on this car; buy it. In fact, here's an even better one.

+1

You are getting way too worked up about this.

1.) You asked our opinion.
2.) We gave you our honest opinion (Very unanimous, in fact)
3.) You decided you did not like our opinion
4.) You decided to give us your opinion on how we all are wrong
5.) We realize we wasted time giving our opinion because you didn't want it to begin with.

:dw:

It's a coupe though man and it's still $24k

Oh and that's right I gave my opinion in reply and I guess that isn't allowed as well. You must run the forum or something

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's a coupe though man and it's still $24k

Oh and that's right I gave my opinion in reply and I guess that isn't allowed as well. You must run the forum or something

He's asking $24k, that dealer is asking $22,900 (basically $23k.)

Buy what makes you happy.

2013 Laguna Seca

Laguna 2013
Established Member
If it was Laser Red with parchment interior and black top,that would be different. Only 13 of those were produced. Good looking car though. I personally like the parchment,not seen as much. That color combo you are looking at had 297 produced. That color combo in coupe form had 226 produced.if you like it,buy it,you only live once and enjoy it.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
He's asking $24k, that dealer is asking $22,900 (basically $23k.)

Buy what makes you happy.

true but one is a coupe and all the way across country. Granted it is faster though by a good bit.

If it was Laser Red with parchment interior and black top,that would be different. Only 13 of those were produced. Good looking car though. I personally like the parchment,not seen as much. That color combo you are looking at had 297 produced. That color combo in coupe form had 226 produced.if you like it,buy it,you only live once and enjoy it.

I saw it was 297 when I was doing research on it yesterday and if I remember correctly not many 03/04 redfire had parchment top and interior correct? & also I really would like a white top and I thought there was 13 of those white top with parchment not black top?

afcobra01

Established Member
You asked for opinions on a car that is over priced and you got opinions. Sounds like you want the car so buy it and let us know what you think after you have it home. I just bought a 01 Vert with a few mods for 8500.00 and its in great condition. Just think that what they are asking is to high. See of they will deal and if not find another one. Thanks

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
You asked for opinions on a car that is over priced and you got opinions. Sounds like you want the car so buy it and let us know what you think after you have it home. I just bought a 01 Vert with a few mods for 8500.00 and its in great condition. Just think that what they are asking is to high. See of they will deal and if not find another one. Thanks

With what kind of miles and gt or cobra???

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I'd say it's over priced but ultimately it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you're that person then go for it. Keep in mind if you plan on actually driving it the value is going to drop like a rock once it gets some miles on it. If you plan on keeping it forever I guess that's not a concern.

Users who are viewing this thread