Opinions on my Dyno Run

RoyWoods

Established Member
Went and did a dyno pull the other day with my new power adder and :eek::eek: :eek: . What do you all think?

image0001.jpg

SVECobraR

Established Member
i'm guessing you have nitrous because of the higher torque output, but i hope your not running on a stock motor, because that is a mustang dynomometer. And that will translate to about 490hp on a dynojet or so. I'm sure some will give you the true difference but thats an estimate.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
holy cow, i never knew nitrous made that crazy of a torque/power curve. if this is in fact nitrous that is. we'll see what the thread starter(RoyWoods) has to say.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
quick01snake said:
but nitrous shouldn't have THAT big of a hit in the beginning...

perhaps....

why did the pull only go to 5500ish RPMS also???

ex-PJs snake

That Others May Live
Established Member
I noticed the same thing, Double "O," as well as noticing the early peaking and drop off (topping at what, about 3800rpms or around that).

I am beginning to lean towards the nitrous mention.
Question though: If his Cobra is indeed running a near stock motor, with possible minor bolt-ons, etc, the dyno numbers would indicate roughly a 150+ shot?

SVECobraR

Established Member
There is somethimg seriously wrong here. If you look at the graph he's making about 320ftlbs of torque at a little less than 3k rpm

RoyWoods

Established Member
99SnakeBit said:
Mods? Power adder? :dw: Damn 589tq :eek:

Mods = Almost any and every suspension mod you can imagine, a PST CF DS, a Magnaflow Off-Road X-Pipe w/ Magnaflow Catback, AND the newly improved 2.1L Intercooled KB. Needless to say, the thing takes off like a "freight train." :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

I'd say Kenne Bell did a good job when they redesigned their kit. :bowdown:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
RoyWoods said:
Mods = Almost any and every suspension mod you can imagine, a PST CF DS, a Magnaflow Off-Road X-Pipe w/ Magnaflow Catback, AND the newly improved 2.1L Intercooled KB. Needless to say, the thing takes off like a "freight train." :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

I'd say Kenne Bell did a good job when they redesigned their kit. :bowdown:

if that Dyno is from a KB car something is very very wrong. Perhaps the Dyno it hosed or you got the wrong sheet

That is not what a KB car looks like on a dyno

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Now looking at the end of you chart thats what the graph should look like....the big "humps" early in the run should not be there

You should have a nice smooth HP curve and a flat TQ curve.(like your graph shows from 4400rpm and up)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread