Opinions on my Dyno Run

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Double"O" said:
if that Dyno is from a KB car something is very very wrong. Perhaps the Dyno it hosed or you got the wrong sheet

That is not what a KB car looks like on a dyno

agreed. Something isn't right with that.

RoyWoods

Established Member
na svt said:
Sumthin's not right!

If that was after a tune you should get your money back.

FWIW, I would NEVER let anyone tune my car other than KB himself, regardless of who they are, or how good they say they are.

Isn't it good that it got almost 600ft/lb TQ and 450RWHP regardless of what the graph looks like? :shrug: How's my A/F look?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
RoyWoods said:
FWIW, I would NEVER let anyone tune my car other than KB himself, regardless of who they are, or how good they say they are.

Isn't it good that it got almost 600ft/lb TQ and 450RWHP regardless of what the graph looks like? :shrug: How's my A/F look?

now thats funny

take it from someone who had a KB tune...key word there is had

NO MAIL ORDER TUNE IS WORTH A SHIT!!!! Custom tunes on a dyno or on the street or the ONLY way to go....Why??? because evercar is different...maybe just alittle bit but different nontheless. My tune from KB was horrible...was it safe?? yes....was waaaaay rich (10.5) yes, Very little timing (yes) the knock sensors were pulling 8 degrees from 3k on so i was only seeing about 6-7 degrees of timing. I had the knock sensors turned down...not off, and now run 15 degrees with an 11.7 a/f.

go to another dyno and verify you numbers...i say this because those numbers are on a mustang dyno....they typically dyno alittle less than a dynojet (in my case is was 11% lower on HP and 4% lower on TQ)

Mustang Dynos are great for tuning however because they can put a more accurate load on your car. If the inputs are not correct then your Curves will be wrong

You car should not have those humps

here is my KB dyno with 9psi this is what your curves should look like
9psikb3.jpg

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
RoyWoods said:
Mods = Almost any and every suspension mod you can imagine, a PST CF DS, a Magnaflow Off-Road X-Pipe w/ Magnaflow Catback, AND the newly improved 2.1L Intercooled KB. Needless to say, the thing takes off like a "freight train." :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

I'd say Kenne Bell did a good job when they redesigned their kit. :bowdown:

Well Roy, you have nice numbers, but this is a prime example of "peak numbers are not everything". If I paid big $$$ and say my dyno run curves look like that, I might destroy the tuner.

Those graphs are horrible, god only know what is going with the A/F with your HP peaking at 4400 rpm, and then dropping like an anvil from the sky. Did you not hear the car totally die off on the dyno?

I would invest in some tuning from a REPUTABLE TUNER. I would then also invest in a new clutch and/or transmission, because with that power potential and torque potential, your clutch and tranny may son be bye-bye if you get into the throttle too much. I'd honestly drive your car very easy until you get it tuned.

Depending on you supporting mods (engine prep, tune, etc..) to support that ind of power added, I think you will have a great car when it is properly tuned, and it will feel even better when you drive it too, trust me. Enjoy!!!

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
That graph is horrible, there is no way power falls off that quick on a mod motor car without something being seriously wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread