Opinions Please

03sLeEpeRSnaKe

Established Member
If you could buy a new 2011 Shelby GT500 or a used certified 2007-2009 Corvette Z06 which would you get? Never mind the fact that one is brand new and one is used, just performance, power, handling, looks, and fun factor. Which one?
And please try not to be biased, I know this is SVTPerformance and not a Vette forum, but not matter how big a Ford fan you are u gotta love the Vette Z06. Thanks Guys.

03sLeEpeRSnaKe

Established Member
I'm definitely gonna look at the 93 civic. HAHAHAHA.

The Vette would definitely be a low mileage car apporx 10k-20k max if possible. I want the Magnetic ride control but I think that's on the 09 and up models and they are still pretty pricey. I love the Shelby and I don't need the back seat anyway but it's nice to have. I'm really on the fence about this, but on the other hand the GT500 would be new?

oldmodman

Established Member
As long as the Corvette was equipped exactly the way I would have ordered it in 2009, then the Corvette. I worked up an order for one once and it was 93K

Dusten

Established Member
Im against the norm and would get the shelby. for my driving style a mustang fits me just fine. It will handle good enough to entertain me beyond anything I need. To me a Z06 makes no sense for the same reason i stopped riding sport bikes. I will never, ever put it to use anywhere near its potential. plus, i love supercharged cars for easy of power gains.

NJ 03Mach1

Hillclimbers do it better
Established Member
Shelby, because I legitimately can not stand the look of a Vette.

It would have to be a Black/Silver Stripe Shelby though.. love that combo..

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd definitely prefer the stang as I wouldnt want a 2 seater, I know the backseat in the stang is tiny, but its still there. I have a BMW 3-series coupe now and the backseats are tolerable for most people.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
lol--fiveohstang, looks like there is more than 1 thread..

Anyways, whichever you like more?
If it was me I would get a mustang, no ofense to those who have GM but I just don't like GM and never would own one.

Yeah, in that thread someone posted up about 6 links to the same question asked haha.

03sLeEpeRSnaKe

Established Member
02SLVRBLT I already have an 03 Cobra.

I would definitely only get the 2011 Shelby cause of the Aluminum Block and the weight savings up front. It makes a better all round car. Plus no gas guzzler tax too.

OLDMANMOD I know exactly what you're saying I priced out a new Z06 and it came to about $92 Grand. that's way more than I can handle. Unless I sell my Cobra but that's completely out of the question.

And the guy who said buy a $65,000 Lexus, Why would I pay $65K for a TOYOTA???? Lexus blows and all those new Toyota recalls are also effecting the Lexus models too. Too dangerous and way to much money for a Cheap Japanese "Luxury Brand" If I wanted Luxury I would by a New BMW 5 Series or a New Merc E-Class. But I want performance and I think I'm swaying more towards the GT500.

All the haters on the thread talking smack are just lame and are probably jealous they're not shopping for a new car.

Users who are viewing this thread