Options on clutch

pipejob1

Established Member
There are so many different company out there. Plus everyone you speak to has there own brand they like more then the other. This is for a 500rwhp Mach 1. Posted here because there section is dead

hotcobra03

Established Member
Os this a daily driver?

I just did mine ...I went with oem ford clutch which wasnt cheap

My last clucth lasted 365k so I felt oem was enough for my power level and needs

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
There are so many different company out there. Plus everyone you speak to has there own brand they like more then the other. This is for a 500rwhp Mach 1. Posted here because there section is dead

I have a spec 3+ clutch. Its pretty stiff, so stiff that you have to pick the correct shoes to wear lol...no flip flops. But i havent had any problems out of it and its made to handle a lot of torque/hp.

Os this a daily driver? I just did mine ...I went with oem ford clutch which wasnt cheap My last clucth lasted 365k so I felt oem was enough for my power level and needs

You put 365K on a mustang lol?

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
A stock cobra clutch aint bad if you don't go to the track. I had mine on 21 psi with e85 (650-700rwhp) for over a 1000 miles and when I pulled it the clutch wasn't in bad shape. It worked great for playing on the street.

I have a Centerforce Dyad in my car and love it. It was harsh when it was first being broke in but it keeps getting better all the time. I have almost 800 miles on mine now and its almost perfect. It takes just a little bit of feathering the pedal to get a smooth start up but every drive it gets better. It holds 1330ft/lbs of torque, so it'll do any job lol.

Last edited:

JesseSVTJames

Established Member
I had a spec3 plus, very simple clutch and really did its job. Another up side to it; You can skip leg day.

I have an RXT now. Very light peddle feel. Little mods needed to make it work over straight stock. Another down side; wife can drive the car. ;)

hotcobra03

Established Member
I had a spec3 plus, very simple clutch and really did its job. Another up side to it; You can skip leg day.

I have an RXT now. Very light peddle feel. Little mods needed to make it work over straight stock. Another down side; wife can drive the car. ;)

Ford clutch..single hook quadrant heavy duty cable. .

feels like driving a honda..pedal falls to floor...

centerforce

Established Member
A lot of what you're looking for in a clutch, generally speaking, will have to do with how you plan on using it and what characteristics you want from it. We have a chart for that on our website, but for the most part, a high-powered street car that will get some drag strip time is best off with a Dual Friction or DYAD clutch, since both have excellent holding capacity without making them a chore to drive between stop lights in traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread