Options to get over 500rwhp

Esimmons81

Established Member
My car made 472rwhp based on the dyno sheets from the guy I bought it from. Here I will post the dyno sheet and I would like to know what tunning can be done to get over 500rwhp or what other small boltons could assist. Car has ported eaton with 2.8 upper and 4lb lower. Off road x pipe with MagnaFlow exhaust. 60lb injectors, Sct tuner, afco heat exchanger. I feel the car can make more power. Let me know thanks.

Zemedici

Established Member
E85
Blower swap
Nitrous
Motor build

Pick your poison. However with a decent port and upper/lower you should be at or VERY close to 500rwhp already. Get a custom dyno tune to see where you're at.

Esimmons81

Established Member
Yea I'm not looking to change up the complete setup. Just trying to see from my dyno sheets if there is improvement to be made. What's the best way to post up a pic?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I feel the car can make more power.

What are you basing this on? Do you know who ported the blower? You are already on a VERY aggressive pulley setup. What's the rwtq? Easiest way to get to 500 is going to be e85 fuel system + a retune and you will be there.

Esimmons81

Established Member
I'm trying to post the figures on the #s. Air Fuel#s. Timing ect. Trying to post up from my phone but it's giving me a hard time.

Esimmons81

Established Member
512rwtq @ 3,900rpms 12.0 afr 18deg timing.

472rwhp@ 5,700rpms 11.5 afr 18deg timing.

Sry couldn't get the pic.

Esimmons81

Established Member
Screenshot_2016-06-27-21-57-43_zpsmp9gluw3.png

Esimmons81

Established Member
Could I just add a few via the sct tuner myself and put it on the dyno or am I needing a complete re tune?

Esimmons81

Established Member
So tune it with toroc or a mix of race gas? What will be best? How much extra power do you guys think is in this setup?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
So tune it with toroc or a mix of race gas? What will be best? How much extra power do you guys think is in this setup?

21 degrees with torco for safety will give you the numbers you seek. Posi and others have run 23 with ported Eatons on 93 pump in the past..

Esimmons81

Established Member
Sounds like the plan! Called the tuner and going to setup a dyno session in early August.

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
I'm having my engine rebuilt at 113k. I'm having Manley pistons (11 cc dish bore) installed that will create a .005 overbore (9.5:1 comp.) The stock Eaton is being swapped for an Eaton that was recently ported (Stage 8 by Steigemier). Also adding a BBK tb and a 2.9 top pulley. What rwhp range do you think I'll get? The dyno is a Mustang dyno. Do most of you quote Dynojet (sae) numbers?

stangfreak

Established Member
You should be well over 500rwhp on 93 with a ported eaton and that setup. Heck, the first ever ported eatons from brian at apten, were making 510 511rwhp with a 2.80 upper 2lb lower. That was YEARS ago. People even made 500 with a upper only. The shop I go to, there dyno reads low and hurts a lot of peoples ego's. I still made over 500 with a ported eaton and so did hundreds of other cobras. 500rwhp is easy with a port

Users who are viewing this thread