Order GT350R wheels ?

krt22

Established Member
The 305 was a typo, meant 315. Hoosier reports a 1.1" section width delta between the 325 and 315, although the actual tread width delta is much less than that. Still important when it comes to fender/strut clearance

NameBrand

Established Member
Carbon fiber barrels with a forged aluminum center.
3zGfuUx.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Looks like the N4S 6GR wheels have arrived stateside...

Satin Graphite

_6GR satin graphite.JPG

Satin Black (what I have coming:))

_6GR satin black.JPG

cloud9

Established Member
Good choice Tob. I have two sets coming, but the big question is when. I'm starting to worry I'll be missing part of the season due to not having any wheels......

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Are the R specs coming at a later date in another container?

I believe together. I was told late February to March as a rough ETA when I ordered back in November. I would hope they are in the same shipment if they have any plans of meeting that ETA rough or not.

Also I went for gloss black on my set!

cloud9

Established Member
Are the R specs coming at a later date in another container?
He hasn't said for sure but haven't been able to get a date yet. The R spec sample hasn't arrived yet, that pic is the S550 version. We kicked off the R spec after the S550 wheels were under way. I test fit a model a couple months ago to confirm barrel clearance but then they still needed to engineer the R spec version. I'm sure they're doing their best to get them here as soon as possible, but I have a fair amount of experience with overseas inventory and things sometimes just take longer than expected. Hoping for an update next week on ETA but they're still saying we will have them on time. Fingers crossed for smooth sailing....literally :)

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
cloud9 said:
The R spec sample hasn't arrived yet, that pic is the S550 version.

I wondered if that were the case. Looks like I'll be waiting too.

Something I never discussed with Paul - are these being finished (powdercoated, etc) offshore or stateside? I'm not getting lug nuts through Paul and am now wondering if this wheel will require custom, narrow units or not.

I inquired about some CAD related data from Paul but he told me he didn't do the sketches or renderings. I have the GT350 hub, rotor, and caliper data. If he could have gotten me even just the barrel data, I could have verified fitment. I've already modeled an R wheel in CAD and could always tweak it to match the specifications he is having these made to.

_%20GT350%20wheel%20render.jpg

Think there would be any interest in centercaps that use the new GT350 snake?

untitled.88.jpg

cloud9

Established Member
Good question on lugs Tob. I've been waiting for ARP to come out with the 14mm long studs and planned to go with Gorilla open lugs. Let me know what you figure out here as I would like to have them on hand before the wheels arrive if possible. No word from ARP yet on the studs, but they said "after the first of the year" which is a bit vague.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Gary, I'm using the FRPP/ARP studs on my GT500 along with Gorilla nuts and really like the combination. I've followed discussion on the 14mm studs for the S550 as well. Are you talking about using this style nut from Gorilla (that's an FRPP nut on left)?

IMG_0444_zps6e37a387.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Gorilla nuts? That's what those things are called? Those are the type that came with the wheels I have on my car now, except they're longer and have closed heads. I'm actually not a fan of them.

cloud9

Established Member
Gary, I'm using the FRPP/ARP studs on my GT500 along with Gorilla nuts and really like the combination. I've followed discussion on the 14mm studs for the S550 as well. Are you talking about using this style nut from Gorilla (that's an FRPP nut on left)?
Gorilla lugs that are like the FRPP nut on the left. Are you sure FRPP didn't just source those from Gorilla? The ones I used on my Boss are here: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GOR-90087/

I pounded out the OEM studs on my Boss and installed the ARPs after the first few events. I did snap an OEM stud (fortunately in the paddock) Then I used the FRPP hubs that come with the ARP studs when I swapped front hubs (every other season) http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-frontwheel-hub-bearing-0514.html

Here's what can happen to OEM 1/2" studs. This was an S197 GT I rented at Chuckwalla a couple years ago while vacationing in Palm Springs. Going through a high G corner I heard a clunk and then a little roughness in the steering wheel. I thought.......hmm might have broke something......better shut it down and jump into the hot pits. This is what I found........

20130219_100359_zps97d7dda0.jpg

20130219_100409_zpsd5fa3ce6.jpg

Fortunately the GT350 is using 14mm studs so should hold up........at least for a while. Of course it's also capable of higher Gs and weighs a little more than the S197.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Yup, I replaced my factory hubs with the FRPP/ARP ones too and drove out the rears with a mallet.

IMG_0074_zpsb16cf422.jpg

While that Summit photo you link says the item in the picture may not be the same one they sell, the nut I see is not the same as the FRPP nut I show up above. I'm sure both are quality pieces. Interesting that the stud failure you show had three yield - scary.

cloud9

Established Member
Right.....I was thinking how the hell did those last two hold on? Your number's up when your numbers up I guess.

cluscher

Established Member
Think there would be any interest in centercaps that use the new GT350 snake?

untitled.88.jpg

I definitely think there would be interest in these center caps. I would prefer the snake to be the same color as the regular 350 badge rather than the R badge, but damn, those caps would look pretty killer on these wheels!

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I definitely think there would be interest in these center caps. I would prefer the snake to be the same color as the regular 350 badge rather than the R badge, but damn, those caps would like pretty killer on these wheels!

+1

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Something I never discussed with Paul - are these being finished (powdercoated, etc) offshore or stateside? I'm not getting lug nuts through Paul and am now wondering if this wheel will require custom, narrow units or not

While I am getting my set in a non standard color (gloss black) he said is "All you have to do is let me know so we can allocate the set to the finisher once they arrive". So it sounds like they are arriving raw and being finished stateside inferring from that message

Users who are viewing this thread