Order GT350R wheels ?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Looking forward to seeing what the "R" version looks like in the flesh. The CAD renderings above are incomplete, and that kept me from jumping on the bandwagon. At the very least I'd expect a close approximation in terms of the lug seating area or the inside wheel face where the brake rotor seats up against it instead of the same unfinished views for months now.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I wish that was the case, last time I checked you needed 10 sets to get a custom order (all the same size)

They make a 19x11 +23 (21.7lbs) which would be perfect for the Front, but need a much higher offset for the rear. I guess I could ask again But these 6GR replicas are the perfet fit, weigh a bit more at 24-25lbs, but are much less expensive

That sucks. I was able to order just a set for my 04 but that was a few years ago.

Volk%20TE-37%20on%20Russe%20Cobra%201_zpsfidto9em.jpg

It amazing how large they are yet so light. These rims are "the bomb" :rockon:

Does anyone know how light (or heavy) the non-R wheels are? Aftermarket wheels may not be worth it unless your shedding major poundage

Look into a set of these pups, they are forged, fairly light, inexpensive and they look good. They even advertise the weight of the various sizes which wheel companies rarely if ever :nonono:

1_nurburgringbronzealloywheel.jpg

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...uct/byName.do?tmn=Nurburgring&typ=Car/Minivan

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The wheels are $10K a set not $20 but I'm not sure you can get them yet. Production capacity has been the issue. A company called Need 4 Speed Motorsports is making replica flow formed wheels in the same fitment at a target weight of 24 lbs for $1,650 + shipping. I'll let Tob post a link if he wants.

That's a very good weight for such a large wheel. But I bet their still heavier than the standard GT350 wheels, in which case, just keep the standard wheels on your car. The standard wheels don't exactly look heavy.

cluscher

Established Member
Standard 350 wheel weight is 32 lbs......heavy as hell! No bueno for track duty.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Standard 350 wheel weight is 32 lbs......heavy as hell! No bueno for track duty.

Wow! That is crazy! They don't "look" that heavy. I figured they'd be not much over 20 lbs. Stock non-SVTPP GT500 wheels are 35 lbs each!

cloud9

Established Member
So what is the thought on a 305/325 setup? Is the speculation a 325 will be too wide and stick out a bit too far?

Btw, nice to see you over here again. I remember when you were tracking the blue 500 long ago. I'm giving up my Griggs 500 for a 350. It will be an interesting transition.
Thanks and boy that is going back a long way! I just retired the Boss 302 after 5 years running it in NASA Time Trials and various other adventures.

Hoosier doesn't make an R7 in a 305 so it won't be an option for me. You could probably find takeoff slicks in that size, but I've come to the conclusion nothing beats the Hoosiers personally. They're also not penalized like a slick for classing purposes. We're hopeful we can go 315/30/19 square, but not sure about the front fitment until we get the wheels. A friend with an R thought it would be pretty close. Unlike prior chassis', Ford seems to have pretty well maxed it out with the R fitment. The actual size of the R7 325 jumps to a section width of 13.6" from 12.5" for the 315. The 315s on my friend's R already poke out a little from the fenders so I think it's a non-starter in an R7. Hoosier also recommends a 12"-13" wheel for the 325. Other brands may work with a 325 depending on their actual width. If the 315 doesn't fit up front I'll be going with a 295/315 combo. The 295 on an 11" rim should stretch to give it a better contact patch. As soon as the wheels show up I'm going to order a set of 315s for one set and mount them up. If the fronts don't work I'll order a complete set of 295s for the second set of track wheels. I have plenty of spacers to try, so if the 315 just needs to be bumped out to avoid hitting the strut that could work. We're still not settled on gaining camber either. I have a new set of MM cc plates sitting in the garage, but Ford Performance has smaller diameter strut to spindle bolts that can gain (we think) up to 0.85* without changing strut mounts. I am planning to try that first before pulling apart the struts to install cc plates. The only downside is that moves the top of the wheel closer to the strut body, but I can compensate with spacers if needed. I'm hoping only 1/8" will be needed. A little camber should help with fender clearance as well.

Last edited:

cluscher

Established Member
I understand the concerns/issues regarding 315 fitment in the front. Do you have thoughts, or has anyone explored, 325 fitment in the rear?

cloud9

Established Member
I understand the concerns/issues regarding 315 fitment in the front. Do you have thoughts, or has anyone explored, 325 fitment in the rear?
Nothing further than the tire is 1.1" wider than a 315 and the Pilot Sport Cup 2 315 on the R already pokes out the fender a little. I don't recall how much clearance there was to the inside of the R rear tire, but it didn't sound like much. Basically I'm not optimistic it will fit. Once I can get a 315 actually mounted on my car I'll have a better idea whether there's any shot of a 325 fitting, but that won't be until these Need4Speed R spec wheels show up.

cluscher

Established Member
Nothing further than the tire is 1.1" wider than a 315 and the Pilot Sport Cup 2 315 on the R already pokes out the fender a little. I don't recall how much clearance there was to the inside of the R rear tire, but it didn't sound like much. Basically I'm not optimistic it will fit. Once I can get a 315 actually mounted on my car I'll have a better idea whether there's any shot of a 325 fitting, but that won't be until these Need4Speed R spec wheels show up.

Thanks. Definitely looking forward to your findings. Any idea when you will have the wheels in hand?

krt22

Established Member
A 325 is 1.1" wider than a 305?

There is only a 10mm difference in section width between the two . I know some brands much wider than advertised, but Im not sure if its over an inch difference

cloud9

Established Member

There is only a 10mm difference in section width between the two . I know some brands much wider than advertised, but Im not sure if its over an inch difference
As mentioned, I am strictly referencing Hoosier R7s. They do not make a 305. I am comparing the 315 to the 325. You can simply go to their site or Tire Rack and view all the different section widths and recommended wheel sizes.

krt22

Established Member
Gotcha, yeah very strange, must be Hoosier specific. The tread widths are comparable but the section width delta is crazy, even more than the delta between a 325 and 345

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The rear tires on the R at the NAIAS show were just past the fender, anything wider to the outside would be obviously past the fender.
Car looked amazing in person.
-J

hotford

Established Member
Anyone know if these rims will fit 2014 an older Shelby's............anyone know the off set and back spacing........

I currently have an opportunity to get a set...........

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Anyone know if these rims will fit 2014 an older Shelby's............anyone know the off set and back spacing........

I currently have an opportunity to get a set...........

The only dimensions I've ever seen are listed in the patents page at Carbon Revolution's website. See the left side of the following screen cap...

_Carbon%20Rev%20wheel%20dimensions.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
So the bolt pattern will work, but the offset won't. (At least, it won't sit properly in the fenders.)

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

No. There are 25mm in one inch. 325 - 305 = 20. So it's ~3/4" wider. Total contact patch width difference combined for both sides is 1.5". Incidentally, the standard GT350 has 1.5" more tread width at the back than a stock sized GT500 tire. The GT350R has 3" more than the GT500!

Users who are viewing this thread