Order placed, 2016 GT350 w/ Track pkg

Mach4.6

Established Member
Hi Everyone,
Found a dealer that wouldn't rape me to bad and sent my deposit in last night, order should be placed today I'm told?
Other then a Vin #, what info from him should I expect to get as proof the order was submitted and excepted?
He's telling me 6-8 weeks for delivery?
Thanks for your response,
Paul

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
6-8 weeks doesn't sound realistic.
Did he give you any paperwork showing the order has been placed?

Mach4.6

Established Member
No nothing yet, I just overnighted the deposit and paperwork, he received it this morning, he said the order would go in today (had one allocation left), calling back to confirm later?

bdub85

Established Member
Ask for the DORA. You won't get an official one until there is a VIN, but it will have the Order # and Dealer code which is needed to track the order until you get a VIN.

Mach4.6

Established Member
That's what I was looking for, thanks!
Can we doing anything on the consumer side with the DORA #?

Snoopy49

Established Member
If you have the order number and the dealer code you can call SVT at 800-367-3788 and they can confirm that the order has been placed. Just because they have a record of the order doesn't mean that the car will be built. SVT cannot confirm that the dealer used his allocation on your car. The only way you can confirm the car is going to be built is through a Vehicle Visibility Report that your dealer can print out for you.
You won't be able to confirm the car is going to be built until your dealer can show you the VIN or SVT confirms that a VIN has been assigned to your order and then they will be able to give you a scheduled build date.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Snoopy is right on.

6-8 weeks is the most absurd number I've heard thus far.

purtstang

Established Member
Hi Everyone,
Found a dealer that wouldn't rape me to bad and sent my deposit in last night, order should be placed today I'm told?
Other then a Vin #, what info from him should I expect to get as proof the order was submitted and excepted?
He's telling me 6-8 weeks for delivery?
Thanks for your response,
Paul

6-8 weeks lol I placed my order July 23rd, I got the vin the end of August, Build date was set Oct 7th that changed to Nov 7th. Its now built still sitting in Michigan and I made the first 300 units. I have friends with orders in as well they are in the 700s with no set build date yet just a vin....needless to say 6-8mo is more reality sorry to say.

Snoopy49

Established Member
You need to factor in the Christmas holiday plant shut down. Last day of work is Dec 23, 2015 and they return to work on Jan 04, 2016.

bdub85

Established Member
6-8 weeks lol I placed my order July 23rd, I got the vin the end of August, Build date was set Oct 7th that changed to Nov 7th. Its now built still sitting in Michigan and I made the first 300 units. I have friends with orders in as well they are in the 700s with no set build date yet just a vin....needless to say 6-8mo is more reality sorry to say.

I think the process will speed up now that they fixed whatever issue which was causing them to hold the cars.

I recently placed my order and just got unscheduled clean status. I'm expecting my car around feb/march timeframe. Just a guess on the date.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I think the process will speed up now that they fixed whatever issue which was causing them to hold the cars.

I recently placed my order and just got unscheduled clean status. I'm expecting my car around feb/march timeframe. Just a guess on the date.

I got an "unscheduled clean" status for my 2013 GT500 on Aug 17, 2012 and a "Scheduled to Week" on Nov 1, 2012 and the car pulled out of the plant on Jan 14, 2013 and was on the train on Jan 16, 2013. Keep in mind that there were a couple of line closures during that time, rework the line for 2014 and Christmas.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Status on Vehicle Visibility Report.

• Material Hold - unit can't schedule - something is not available.
  • Unscheduled/clean - unit isn't scheduled (no VIN, no date, no guarantee to build), but is a buildable order once allocation and commodities allow.
  • Submitted to plant- Unit assigned a VIN and assembly plant, plant is assigning build date.
  • Scheduled - has a build date and a VIN
  • Locked in - Changes can no longer be made to this order, unit is either close to being built, or at the end of the year they lock in orders early so they don't have left over parts between model years.
  • Bucked - Unit is close to production, it’s my understanding that this mean the frame is on a Buck that is used to roll it down the line.
  • Produced - Unit is built
  • Release from plant - Unit is built and through inspection, available to ship. May also say Release to Rail, or Release to convoy depending on location

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

You're optimistic too.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah but I won't be surprised at all if it's later. I don't really mind either way. The weather is going to start getting crappy soon.

I totally understand that. I have about one week left of decent weather.

Mach4.6

Established Member
I totally understand that. I have about one week left of decent weather.
Thanks for all the replies, Dealer said the order was submitted 12/1, will call back for a DORA # in a few days?
I'm in no hurry either, the dealer is in TN and I'm in CA, so hopefully the weather will be good when the car comes in
for the drive back.
Paul

Snoopy49

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies, Dealer said the order was submitted 12/1, will call back for a DORA # in a few days?
I'm in no hurry either, the dealer is in TN and I'm in CA, so hopefully the weather will be good when the car comes in
for the drive back.
Paul

Paul
Check with the selling dealer and see if he can have the car delivered to your local dealer. 13COBRA would have more information on this as an option.

Mach4.6

Established Member
I did mention that the other day, sounded like it would be an independent delivery company, I told him we'll talk about it later, just want to get the order in first.
I'll ask 13COBRA about it, thanks for the heads up.
My wife and I we're talking about a trip to Nashville prior to me buying another car, so not a big deal.
Paul

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I did mention that the other day, sounded like it would be an independent delivery company, I told him we'll talk about it later, just want to get the order in first.
I'll ask 13COBRA about it, thanks for the heads up.
My wife and I we're talking about a trip to Nashville prior to me buying another car, so not a big deal.
Paul
Needs to be included at the time of order. When a dealer submits it, he has to add a ship to dealer if it's other than the ordering dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread