Ordered 2008 GT500 today

Fastfords

Established Member
If you look at their pictures on the website you can see the window sticker. Car came from a dealer in Texas. They must have bought it from them. Possibly for someone who did not take it. Are you willing to take any color you find or is there a color you would really like to have?

poopeater

Established Member
Fastfords said:
If you look at their pictures on the website you can see the window sticker. Car came from a dealer in Texas. They must have bought it from them. Possibly for someone who did not take it. Are you willing to take any color you find or is there a color you would really like to have?
Well, of course I have a preference. My first choices would be:

Alloy coupe with white stripes
Black coupe with red stripes
Red coupe with white stripes

The only color I would absolutely not consider is grabber orange. White/blue stripes really doesn't do it for me either, but I would consider one at the right price.

Fastfords

Established Member
Dealer sent me a copy of the DORA today and it shows priority 10. May not have to wait as long as I thought. I assume I will still be behind the president award winners though?

Fastfords

Established Member
snake134 said:
you are so damn lucky

I am nervous and excited at the same time. A lot of money for a car. It should not have been so hard to get a dealer to commit to sale though. I must have talked to 50 dealers in a dozen states. Finally worked a deal with one in my own backyard. I know all the arguements about paying ADM but it was like pulling teeth to find a dealer willing to take 5k over. I still see a bunch of members here running around looking for the same deal. From what I can tell, many 08's will be sold before they ever reach the dealer lots. I am pulling for all those looking for a deal closer to/at msrp. I hope everyone who wants a GT500 is able to get one. :rockon:

shauns97cobra

Established Member
Ya so i noticed that my local dealer has got a gt500. Lake Tahoe!!! I stopped by and was like hmmm did a walk around and looked at the sticker. $43,700. I was like no fing way! I got the salesman and was like $43,700, thats the best deal I have seen! He said no the # is to the left in pen...... $50K mark up....$93,700!!!!! I laughed and walked out.

Fastfords

Established Member
That's ridiculous. Some dealers do not want to sell the car which makes it difficult for people looking to buy. Like I said, I have heard many talk about how they "could" have gotten one for msrp. When it came down to it, I was lucky to find a dealer willing to agree to 5 over.

Users who are viewing this thread