Ordered 2008 GT500 today

Fastfords

Established Member
I was able to order a car again today. Last time it did not pan out but this time it's a done deal. Got the order placed and a receipt for my deposit. Local dealer (Payson) that is only getting one 08'. They had offered me the car at 8 over but I emailed them this week and asked if they would take 5. Today they called and said if I was a serious buyer then the owner would take 5k over for the order. Done deal. Now I just have to wait and save my pennies.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Looks like the GT500 market is started to creep closer to being more rational. Thats good to see. In less than 3 years I'll be getting my used GT500 with under 10,000 miles for just over $31k. You'll see.

poopeater

Established Member
Congrats, man. I assume you got the vista blue with white stripes that you were wanting? I'm glad to hear it worked out for you. When is your car going to be in your hands?

Fastfords

Established Member
Thanks all, yes, I ordered vista blue w/white stripes. Got the upgraded interior and HID headlamps. I have no idea when the car will come in. The priority code on the order is 40 so I assume it will be awhile. That's cool, just glad I don't have to talk to anymore dealers to find one. Still hard to believe it is really coming after all the crap lately. Just seems so strange after all the dealers I have talked to that one just calls me up and 1 hour later it is a done deal.

davidhuff

Established Member
The hard work you put in PAID OFF,the vista blue with the white stripe is SWEET and all I can say is CONGRATULATION and I am still looking

Fastfords

Established Member
davidhuff said:
The hard work you put in PAID OFF,the vista blue with the white stripe is SWEET and all I can say is CONGRATULATION and I am still looking

Thanks, I am sure you will find a car in the near future. Are you looking for a 07' or 08' or does it matter? There are a bunch of white cars around as it is the most produced color. I have to tell you last week it was not looking good. I talked to about a dozen dealers and none would go lower than 10k over. They seem to feel that if they don't sell for that, they are happy to have them sit in the showroom and draw people in to see them. I could hardly believe it was happening when the dealer called and said they would take my order at 5 over. I really did not want to pay that much over msrp but was afraid if I waited for less I would not end up with a car at all. I hope all those that are looking for msrp deals find them. Given the market I am shopping in, 5k over is real good right now. Getting to order the color I wanted was also a big incentive to take the deal. I have seen some people who got one color and later bought another car that was the color they wanted. That sounds expensive.

poopeater

Established Member
Fastfords said:
Thanks, I am sure you will find a car in the near future. Are you looking for a 07' or 08' or does it matter? There are a bunch of white cars around as it is the most produced color. I have to tell you last week it was not looking good. I talked to about a dozen dealers and none would go lower than 10k over. They seem to feel that if they don't sell for that, they are happy to have them sit in the showroom and draw people in to see them. I could hardly believe it was happening when the dealer called and said they would take my order at 5 over. I really did not want to pay that much over msrp but was afraid if I waited for less I would not end up with a car at all. I hope all those that are looking for msrp deals find them. Given the market I am shopping in, 5k over is real good right now. Getting to order the color I wanted was also a big incentive to take the deal. I have seen some people who got one color and later bought another car that was the color they wanted. That sounds expensive.
Yeah, I wish I had the option of buying 'whatever' now, and then getting another that was my desired color later. Must be nice to be rich. :(

I'm still looking. Dan Grubb still has that alloy coupe that they won't move on. They also told me that they're getting a black coupe with the red stripe package on Monday. They said that both cars are $10k over, FIRM.

Fastfords

Established Member
poopeater said:
Yeah, I wish I had the option of buying 'whatever' now, and then getting another that was my desired color later. Must be nice to be rich. :(

I'm still looking. Dan Grubb still has that alloy coupe that they won't move on. They also told me that they're getting a black coupe with the red stripe package on Monday. They said that both cars are $10k over, FIRM.

I have had a lot of contact with them. The truth is they do not want to sell that car. It brings a bunch of traffic into the dealer and they sell Mustang GT's with aftermarket stuff on them. It is a sales tool. You would think after being there for a few months people would get tired of seeing the same old car. Maybe when the other one comes in they will consider taking less for the alloy one. Not to mention that the only other dealer in town that has one is Earnhardt. Call Sunrise Ford in L.A. and see what you can work out with them.

CGoeschel

Established Member
Fastfords said:
The priority code on the order is 40 so I assume it will be awhile.

Since the priority codes start at 10 (fastest to build) and they're only getting one car in 2008, then why would they put yours at priority 40?

Fastfords

Established Member
CGoeschel said:
Since the priority codes start at 10 (fastest to build) and they're only getting one car in 2008, then why would they put yours at priority 40?

I have no idea what the code means in the first place. I assume since they are a small dealer and most likely did not win the president's award they will be low on the list. That's O.K. with me. Just curious to see if I could get any insight into possible delivery time. Maybe after I get DORA, which by the way, what does that stand for anyway?

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Fastfords said:
I have no idea what the code means in the first place. I assume since they are a small dealer and most likely did not win the president's award they will be low on the list. That's O.K. with me. Just curious to see if I could get any insight into possible delivery time. Maybe after I get DORA, which by the way, what does that stand for anyway?

Check your PM

poopeater

Established Member
Fastfords said:
I have had a lot of contact with them. The truth is they do not want to sell that car. It brings a bunch of traffic into the dealer and they sell Mustang GT's with aftermarket stuff on them. It is a sales tool. You would think after being there for a few months people would get tired of seeing the same old car. Maybe when the other one comes in they will consider taking less for the alloy one. Not to mention that the only other dealer in town that has one is Earnhardt. Call Sunrise Ford in L.A. and see what you can work out with them.
Not true....Scottsdale Lotus has a black coupe on their lot. They are also looking for ~$54k. It says that it's "used", but it only has 10 miles on the clock.

Fastfords

Established Member
poopeater said:
Not true....Scottsdale Lotus has a black coupe on their lot. They are also looking for ~$54k. It says that it's "used", but it only has 10 miles on the clock.

I wonder why they would say it is used. If a dealer bought it from a Ford Dealer it would not have been titled. 10 miles seems too low for any used car. So at $54 they are 10k over ???

FYI, Jones Ford in Buckeye has a Red car that has been there at least two months and Holmes Tuttle in Tucson has a vert that came in last week.

Last edited:

eci

Banned
Maybe some idiot bought it at $30k over and his wife slapped the shit out of him and made him take it back?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
eci said:
Maybe some idiot bought it at $30k over and his wife slapped the shit out of him and made him take it back?
Oh, I'm sure they have a "Returns Counter" just like down at the local Wal-Mart! :rollseyes

1bad04cobra

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Oh, I'm sure they have a "Returns Counter" just like down at the local Wal-Mart! :rollseyes
Actually you can take a car back.When i was younger i bought an Acura Integra .Then i got the flu for about 4 days and had not checked the insurance until i was better , it was very high.I simply couldn't keep it so i took it back and of course they were like no way ,but they had no choice when i left it there.I put 5k down and i got 4k back through an attorney.I expected to loose something but it was better than getting it impounded-sp?when i couldn't make the payments.I think i even had a couple hundred miles on it,Young and dumb:nonono:

poopeater

Established Member
Fastfords said:
I wonder why they would say it is used. If a dealer bought it from a Ford Dealer it would not have been titled. 10 miles seems too low for any used car. So at $54 they are 10k over ???

FYI, Jones Ford in Buckeye has a Red car that has been there at least two months and Holmes Tuttle in Tucson has a vert that came in last week.
Yeah, they are right at $10k over. I talked to the salesman, and he claimed that they had already turned down offers, so if I wanted it, $54,700 would take it.

I'll talk to him again in a month when the car is still there. :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread