Ordered a 2013 yesterday!

DWalker

Established Member
Went to my local Ford dealer in Knoxville after work yesterday and put in my order for a 2013 GT Premium in Grabber Blue with the 401A interior upgrade with Grabber Blue accents, 6 speed manual, Brembo brake package, 3.73's, and comfort package with new pony projection lights. Now for the waiting game, salesman told me it should be either the last week of March or the first April. I'm so excited, I sold the terminator last May so I've been Mustangless for a while now. Just anxious to get my butt back in one!

Zero Boss

Established Member
WTF, my dealer is retarded, I told him I want to order a 2013 MY GT in mid December and he still hasn't called me back with any further info. Your experience means that it is in fact possible to place an order for a 2013 car as of now. I will have to give my dealer a call.......

DWalker

Established Member
WTF, my dealer is retarded, I told him I want to order a 2013 MY GT in mid December and he still hasn't called me back with any further info. Your experience means that it is in fact possible to place an order for a 2013 car as of now. I will have to give my dealer a call.......

my salesman told me the actual production doesn't start for another 2 weeks or so, but he said that mine was the 9th order he has done so far. he has even ordered a Boss and a Laguna Seca as well.

DWalker

Established Member
When that 2 and 1/2 months is up, his Mustang is not in, and there are others on the lots -- that's when the real torture begins.

my salesman said they were the top mustang seller in the Atlanta/southeast region last year so they receive a lot of allocations, he said it should for sure be on that first truck load that comes in! we'll see in a couple months i guess!

MYFSTSVT99L

Ingot 2012
Established Member
Congrats on the order, when you get a pick up date let me know cause I would like to check it out. I'm in Knoxville so just let me know

DWalker

Established Member
How much?

well thats not 100% certain just yet. i will be getting the X-plan price for sure, but the salesman and the guy that does the ordering both said Ford hasn't released the pricing yet and they won't until production starts in a couple of weeks. he put together an order for a 2012 with the exact options i want and said it will be "maybe" $500-$1000 more than the '12, but i also saw a video of a Ford rep talking about the '13 Boss 302 at one of the auto shows and he said the market for the 2013's will be exactly the same as the 2012's. but the price for the '12 order he showed me was $37,500 and the X-plan price was right at $35,000. he is gonna call me if there is gonna be any drastic price change when they release the prices, but this is gonna be my only chance to get one before my girlfriend is out of school. we plan on getting married shortly after she graduates and then start a family so I'm getting this car while i have the chance!

TaraFirma

Established Member
I would place an order with another dealership and let them know they F'ed up by not calling you the day the ability to order them popped up on their computers.

Users who are viewing this thread