Ordering fuel related parts....help getting what I need?

triblk6spd

Boost Everything!
Established Member
Currently I am running: stock pumps, KB BAP 40amp, '-8 fuel line, pprv delete, the FPDM is stock. I am having fuel related issues (wont rev past 4-5.5k rpm being the major issue)
Questions:
1- What will work best (keeping budget in mind)?
A- Add 2 GT pumps, Fore hat, and Zone 5 Dual FPDM set up?
B- Add 2 GT pumps, Fore hat, and a modified single FPDM?
C- Add 2 GT pumps, Fore hat, and something else?
2- I plan on making up to 600rwhp...can I omit the KB BAP and just run the two GT pumps? (thinking one less thing to mess with)
3- is there a plug and play for any/all of this? (lots of research already)

Side question: I have a MAF extender 75 on the car WITH an SCT 2600 MAF...When my tuner tuned the car I had added the MAF and did not know about the MAF extender...he said it was a pain in the ass but he just tuned "around" it...should I remove it and tune it over again? (Thinking one less thing to worry about breaking)

I have done LOTS of research on this and hope I am asking the right questions. Thanks for the help gentleman. :beer: Also, ANY other input is greatly appreciated.

triblk6spd

Boost Everything!
Established Member
Hrrrm...good question. Seems to be an 8ga wire from the battery thru a distro block to the BAP that is mounted in the trunk next to the FPDM. Is that what you are asking?
Also...you have Dual FPDM listed twice in your sig. ;-)

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
Hrrrm...good question. Seems to be an 8ga wire from the battery thru a distro block to the BAP that is mounted in the trunk next to the FPDM. Is that what you are asking?
Also...you have Dual FPDM listed twice in your sig. ;-)

Use the 8ga to power your fuel system. Nice find on the sig error.

cobracide

Established Member
Please elaborate. Kill the BAP and just run the pumps off the 8ga wiring?

Yes, and wire everything to the 8ga through the relay like this:

dual_fpdm_wiring.jpg

triblk6spd

Boost Everything!
Established Member
I have to ask - do you have a budget? What is your highest goal for horsepower?

Lol. Yes, I do have a budget. (I would be asking questions over at FordGT.com if I had no budget :thumbsup:) That being said I try not to "underspend" and HOPE for the perfect result. If the most expensive option is the "best" option then that's the route I would go. This car will NEVER make more than mid 600rw, and will run 95% of the time just under 600rw. I understand swapping over to return and all is the "best" solution but I am thinking it is WAY overkill for my situation.

cobracide

Established Member
Lol. Yes, I do have a budget. (I would be asking questions over at FordGT.com if I had no budget :thumbsup:) That being said I try not to "underspend" and HOPE for the perfect result. If the most expensive option is the "best" option then that's the route I would go. This car will NEVER make more than mid 600rw, and will run 95% of the time just under 600rw. I understand swapping over to return and all is the "best" solution but I am thinking it is WAY overkill for my situation.

You've obviously done your research and dual GT pumps, Fore hat and dual FPDM is the way to go then. Should be good to 700+hp.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
Side question: I have a MAF extender 75 on the car WITH an SCT 2600 MAF...When my tuner tuned the car I had added the MAF and did not know about the MAF extender...he said it was a pain in the ass but he just tuned "around" it...should I remove it and tune it over again? (Thinking one less thing to worry about breaking)

As far as your "side question", the maf extender is redundant so next tune time take it out. The 2600 is plenty for you. If it is set to slope 1:1 it is doing nothing and you can dump it now.

Last edited:

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
Quick question guys: What exactly is a return style fuel system? With this setup can you omit upgrading to twin GT pumps, dual FPDMs etc..? Sorry, I'm a true Noob, Trying my best to learn something everyday!

GodStang

Established Member
WHY RUN DUAL FPDMS?!?!?!?! You are wasting money and adding parts to break.

For 8 years people have run Single upgraded FPDM, hat, and dual GT pumps to support ~650 rwhp all day long on 93 if not more. This setup has been run thousands of times with great success. Why in the past 6 months everyone has decided to run a MDM jr. or dual FPDMs when for years we had no problems. Please explain it.

For example I hit 649rwhp on 93 octane with stock hat, dual Aviator pumps (before GT pumps were on the market), the original upgraded FPDM, upgraded wires, and a bap not turned up all the way and was at something like 80% duty cycle so I did not even need the BAP.

If there is a good reason I am missing please let me know.

Last edited:

triblk6spd

Boost Everything!
Established Member
Whoa! I had no idea that the FPDM's were this hard to find. National back order? Sooooo now I am thinking (hoping to make this easier...not harder) about just running the Zone 5 MDM JR. Any thoughts?

GodStang

Established Member
Whoa! I had no idea that the FPDM's were this hard to find. National back order? Sooooo now I am thinking (hoping to make this easier...not harder) about just running the Zone 5 MDM JR. Any thoughts?

Again Why??? Neither are needed... Upgrade the FPDM you have, upgrade wires, Dual GT pumps, 60lb injectors, and Fore hat and you are set. Nothing more needed. This setup has been run on hundreds of cars with Twin Screws for 5+ years.

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Feel free to call us!

1) Are you ever going to add to that 600rwhp? If so I recommend the return setup, so you can get rid of those pesky FPDMs and less tuning issues.
(If you grow your HP- You have the option to go with the triple hat, that way you can blockoff the third pump until you are ready, or obtain a HOBBS switch).

2) You can also choose to start off with the returnless dual hat and run two pumps with a stock line adapter (that way you do not have to upgrade your lines at this time). We offer conversion kits for you down the road, when you do choose to go return!

Check out what we offer your vehicle here:

http://www.foreprecisionworks.com/2003-2004_mustang-cobra.html .

Users who are viewing this thread