OT: Sold the M3...the 997S is here in a week..

Dave07997S

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Must be nice to have a 12" wide rear rim.

Just wish I had the 3.6L motor that comes along with that GT3...415hp @8400rpm, not to mention they sound so nice....

Dave

Fourcam330

Established Member
Dave01M3 said:
Just wish I had the 3.6L motor that comes along with that GT3...415hp @8400rpm, not to mention they sound so nice....

Dave

I bet, that's a pretty trick little engine/tranny. Any chasis dyno graphs of those up anywhere?

Dave07997S

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
I bet, that's a pretty trick little engine/tranny. Any chasis dyno graphs of those up anywhere?

Not that I know of..I'm sure there will be on Rennlist or 6speedonline forums.

Dave

Rev Happy

Established Member
If you're looking for a shop to do work, check out The Speed Gallery in Studio City just south of Ventura BLVD. They can pretty much do anything and the owner is a huge Porsche nut.

http://www.thespeedgallery.com/

If I ever get another performance car, it's going to be a Porsche. Great cars....

Dave07997S

Established Member
Rev Happy said:
If you're looking for a shop to do work, check out The Speed Gallery in Studio City just south of Ventura BLVD. They can pretty much do anything and the owner is a huge Porsche nut.

http://www.thespeedgallery.com/

If I ever get another performance car, it's going to be a Porsche. Great cars....

TY sir..I'm thinking of GIAC software and a full exhaust...

chuckstang

Established Member
are the rear fenders much wider than the 996 body? I love the look of the pre 99 911's I believe because of the wide body look from the factory?
I cant tell from thos pics. Like I said, one of my most favorite cars is the 98 911 C4S!!!!!!!!
I wanted one until I saw that they still cost 45k!

Dave07997S

Established Member
chuckstang said:
are the rear fenders much wider than the 996 body? I love the look of the pre 99 911's I believe because of the wide body look from the factory?
I cant tell from thos pics. Like I said, one of my most favorite cars is the 98 911 C4S!!!!!!!!
I wanted one until I saw that they still cost 45k!

Yea the 997's are somewhat wider in the back than the 996, that's why I love them. I am like you I love the 993's, and the 997s brought this back along with the round headlamps.

Dave

super sonic

Established Member
I'm with you Dave, I can not see paying 5, 10, 15 or 20 over sticker for anything...Hope you like the S, my 997 (carrera cab - 325hp) was a really nice car but a bit too slow.

super sonic

Established Member
I'm with you Dave, I can not see paying 5, 10, 15 or 20 over sticker for anything...Hope you like the S, my 997 (carrera cab - 325hp) was a really nice car but a bit too slow.

earl lee

Established Member
I cant get over the new styling. It justs looks half assed and bloated to me. The previous m3's looked much better.

Dave07997S

Established Member
earl lee said:
I cant get over the new styling. It justs looks half assed and bloated to me. The previous m3's looked much better.

Agreed..the E46 was much more visceral. This M3 like the recent additions to BMW, you buy because of the driving dynamics not the way they look which is a total shame. A car of this caliber should be both...

Love what it does..not the way it looks.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Why do you post this stuff in the GT500 section? There is a proper Off Topic section on the site.

I'm not saying that to be curt or something, just asking a legit question.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
DBK said:
Why do you post this stuff in the GT500 section? There is a proper Off Topic section on the site.

I'm not saying that to be curt or something, just asking a legit question.

he has been posting here for the last year trying to find info on the gt500 and looking for a decent(msrp) price for one. in this time he has also included a few other auto's that he is looking at. he posted here i believe to give those who only follow the gt500 section an update on his auto selection. it just happens to be the 997s! he made a great choice if i dont say.

for the mods leave it up for a couple days then move it, no harm done.:idea:

Users who are viewing this thread