Other 03 Cobra at Crazy Horse Racing with Mangaflow Exhaust and K&N: 408 RWHP!!!

Hammer

Established Member
Who's the other guy that has been to Crazy Horse Racing? He had the MagnaFlow cat-back and X-pipe and the K&N filter w/silencer removed only.

Chris showed me the dyno sheet on that car. It made 408 at the wheels.

Chris said that he was so excited that he made 'messy' in his pants.

Congrats, dude!! That's awesome. WHY HAVEN'T YOU POSTED? I KNOW YOU ARE ON THIS BOARD.

COME ON OUT!!!

FINICKY

Established Member
i was there today and pulled 404 this morning.i have the mods you described maybe he was talking about me. you were there yesterday rite? we were talking about you before i made the pull
if it was me i did post its here somewhere

92LX5.0

Established Member
Damn, I gotta check out this Crazy Horse place. Do they have stuff like performace exhaust in stock? or do they mostly order the same way we would? I cant beleive Ive never heard of this place. I used to hang in S Amboy. Hammer, I beleive u said it was on Main St.? Anywhere near Atilios Pizza?.......:beer:

Hammer

Established Member
yeah, man. Right on main street. I don't know where atilios is but Chris' shop is about 2 miles north of the RT 9/Main street split. On the left.

His shop is HUGE!! I know many of the Mustang speed shops in NJ and Chris' shop is hands-down the most impressive shop I've seen. Building's brand new, lifts, dyno and tons of parts in stock. There's usually 8-10 mustangs in there at any given moment and he could probably fit 20 cars in that garage.

Like I said, I've gotten work from some of the best in NJ/NY (Big Daddy Dwayne Gutridge@Outrageous Mustangs, Joey Gambino @ Precision Race Cars, Kooks, Job Spetter is doing a Gen IV DFI on my 93 notch, and others). Chris Winter and Mike Rozman (the lead mechanic @ Crazy Horse) definately rank up at the top of the charts. He is HONEST, fair and he cares about the work that has his name on it. I appreciate this because I have gotten burned by some of the not-so-good shops as well.

I DEFINATELY recommend Crazy Horse HIGHLY. On top of that, hang around there for a little while and you are bound to meet Evan Smith and see some feature article MM&FF car. Crazy Horse is in MM&FF damn near every month.

He has a website but I constantly tell him that it needs some work. He should have big pictures of the shop and some great cars that he builds like mine

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Last edited:

cubes

Established Member
Are Crazy Horse dyno numbers STD? What will they calculate to SAE?

92LX5.0

Established Member
thanx for the info bro. I was just on his web site. Seems to be a kick ass shop. Pretty cool how he has his own forum and asnswers all kinds of questions........Mike

Hammer

Established Member
I asked Chris about that today. I don't know much about SAE vs STD dyno numbers. He said the difference is like 3 HP and it's no biggie.

For me, the most important thing is to closely track the results through upgrades to see exactly what works well and what doesn't..and what gains I get through different combinations. As long as I stick with either STD or SAE, I'll get accurate contrast through the project.

Hammer

Established Member
Yeah, I was on Chris' forum yesterday and did you notice who is posting on there?

Our buddy Pincushion (or whatever his name is). When I was in Chris' shop yesterday, he mentioned to me that some 'yo-yo' was asking about upgrading the blower on an 03 to an S-trim. And guess who it was???

Didn't he say on this site that he owned a 01 with an S-Trim?

Has he claimed on this site that he owns an 03? What the hell am I missing here?

Can we get that boy some medication? Is there a doctor in the house??

92LX5.0

Established Member
yeah, i was just reading all the crap he was saying. One was...... he posted how a cat-back will give ya 50 more horse, than Chris had to smack his ass n set him streight. Chris said they totally removed the cat back from an 03 and didnt get any extra horse, at all. I was kinda shocked though man. :shrug:

Hammer

Established Member
Yeah, that was Evan's 03 for the magazine shoot. They pulled the cat-back off and did a dyno run with nothing behind the cats. If a high-flow catback would yield more hp than nothing behind the cats would definately increase flow numbers. Chris said they got nothing.

It goes to show that all the gain is in getting those damn stock cats off of the car.

Hammer

Established Member
I wasn't there for the MM&FF pulls. but chris told me that it was VERY LOUD without the catback. After all...we're talking no mufflers.

But mine was dyno'd without the air filter one time.

Let me tell you...you would NOT BELIEVE how loud that blower is without the air filter on it. I don't know what it sounded like...imagine the good year blimp springing a leak and being right there to listen to the helium piss out of the hole...

That's the best way I could describe it. Definately not a sound you want out on the road unless you are going to put a Ringling Brothers flag on your antenna.

CbrCpe

Established Member
Originally posted by Hammer
I asked Chris about that today. I don't know much about SAE vs STD dyno numbers. He said the difference is like 3 HP and it's no biggie.
It's 4%...std x .96= sae corrected

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Hammer
I wasn't there for the MM&FF pulls. but chris told me that it was VERY LOUD without the catback. After all...we're talking no mufflers.

But mine was dyno'd without the air filter one time.

Let me tell you...you would NOT BELIEVE how loud that blower is without the air filter on it. I don't know what it sounded like...imagine the good year blimp springing a leak and being right there to listen to the helium piss out of the hole...

That's the best way I could describe it. Definately not a sound you want out on the road unless you are going to put a Ringling Brothers flag on your antenna.
hahaha!

SVTNICK

Established Member
hey hammer..who is this pincushion kid...he is making me laugh on the crazy horse board....lol

Matt Jones

Established Member
I recently installed a Bassani X-Pipe on my '00 Cobra 'R and swapped to a solid axle. The cat back hit the drive shaft so I am driving it around currently with only the X-Pipe and no mufflers.

Yes, it is pretty loud. I would not mind leaving it as it is. It would be too loud for everyday but ok for weekend romps. I am going to put the Bassani side exit cat back on next week and only run the two resonators and no muffler. I believe the 180 degree bend followed by the resonator and a 120 degree bend will quite it enough.

Can't wait to see what this thing does with 4.30s and slicks. The air filter on the 'R is not big. I may pull the air box and try the conical like some of y'all.

Users who are viewing this thread