Other Spark plugs beside NGK TR6

MotorcycleMan

Established Member
My 03 L has a 4lb lower and SCT tune, I'm wondering how often do you change plugs? (Mileage) Also are there any other plugs that we could use?

Thanks in advance for the help!

MotorcycleMan

Established Member
Sup stranger, you doing okay? Just trying to see if there are any other plugs that might last longer/better, I'm sure they'll cost more. (I've not asked Lee yet.)

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Since they are cheap, about every 3rd oil change or 6 months. That's what I do. You will hear alot of diff opinions.

Last edited:

mike.b

Established Member
i always hear TR6 is the best bang for the buck. seems like EVERYONE uses them. i plan on once a year, that is less than 4k miles for sure for me

MotorcycleMan

Established Member
I'm only boosting 12PSI, and I was reading I should go with Denso IT20, IT22 are for higher boost trucks then mine. My truck is a DD and tows my 18' boat sometimes. What are your trucks SID and Robert, and any other person that's using the Denso plugs, and how often do you change them?

Last edited:

Robert Francis

Established Member
My 01L is basically a "garage queen" and I only drive it locally every couple of weeks or so and only have about 12500 miles on it. I max at about 16lbs boost with a Magnum Powers blower. I've changed the IT-22's twice in about the last 6000 miles, but I could have gone much longer as they looked really clean.

I'd think that the IT-20's would be fine for you.

SVTWHITEROCKET

Established Member
I have a 99 and I used densos in the past and I had a lot of issues with them like idle and running under full throttle and when I went to pull them out 2 of them broke apart and that was with 2 different sets of them besides the fact they cost so much I think they are cheap in my opinion I have since been using NGK and no problems whatsoever

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Sup stranger, you doing okay? Just trying to see if there are any other plugs that might last longer/better, I'm sure they'll cost more. (I've not asked Lee yet.)

they make an iridium TR6IX that lasts forever. Its not a copper core like the regular TR6. They go from about $25 a set for the TR6 to almost $100 a set for the TR6IX.

But they do last forever.

MotorcycleMan

Established Member
I have a 99 and I used densos in the past and I had a lot of issues with them like idle and running under full throttle and when I went to pull them out 2 of them broke apart and that was with 2 different sets of them besides the fact they cost so much I think they are cheap in my opinion I have since been using NGK and no problems whatsoever

I got a set of the Denso IT20 at a good price, so I'll give them a try, and will look out for those issues forsure!

With the TR6 plugs my idle is hit and miss, not real bad, that's way I'm trying something else, and they don't last and with my health issues I can't change them anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread