Ouchhh!! Tr3650 grinding 2nd and 4th gear

FIREBALL

Established Member
If you have a 3650 an adjustment bolt is not needed and should not be used, the 3650 (and maybe some other tremecs) have an internal stop. I have the pro5 shifter and took the bolt out when I got it. That could have been your problem except that yours is intermittent.

01yellercobra

Established Member
FWIW, I ran Coastal ATF in my 3650 with no issues. It shifted fine and never had an issue behind my blown big bore stroker. Granted I never did 4k clutch dumps with that trans. I would roll out and started in second usually. I also ran the Coastal brand in my first T-56. It shifted fine as well. I had MGW shifters on both transmissions. I never considered them hard to shift.

I have Pennzoil Synchromesh in my current T-56. But that was due to a noise suddenly appearing that had to do with the previous owner only putting one quart of fluid in. I have an MGW shifter on this trans as well.

The Pennzoil and GM Synchromesh are the same thing just in different bottles. I think I went Pennzoil just because it was cheaper at the time. I'm willing to bet the Royal Purple is pretty close to the same fluid.

I drove my dad's 67 Camaro back in high school with a Verti-Gate shifter. That was fun and messed with people that didn't know anything about it.

Jayystangz

Established Member
just to keep everyone posted 2-3 days now since i removed the stop bolts and its shifting fine just usual tr3650 cold clunks and soft grinds ill be doing a fkuid flush soon ...

Users who are viewing this thread