Out of fuel???!!!

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Hey guys. As most of you know, I recentl;y installed my Whipple and tuned it @ appx. 20psi. Well, I setup the annunciator on my Interceptor gauge to alert me if my FPDC ever goes above 90%. So today on my way to work I made a few 2-3 gear pulls and I got the alert flash from the gauge! Data logged a few more pulls (using the Interceptor) and saw 100.7% FPDC @ 5k RPMs!!! :eek:I have the data rate set as high as it will go on the gauge, so the readings should be accurate. I mean this gauge is pulling data from the OBDII port just like my SCT would.

Just wondering how my tuner would not have seen this on the dyno??? I mean, if I am maxed out at 5k, I can't imagine how much detonation I had @ 6200 in 4th gear!! My current fuel setup is twin GT pumps, single modified FPDM, wire upgrade and 60ln injectors. From all my previous research, this setup should be good to 600+rwhp. Granted, I am over that now, but I am just wondering where the next upgrade should be. BAP, lines...BOTH?? Anyone else running a similar setup and/or power level that can shed some light, please HELP!!

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Dual FPDM's and BAP? Or just bring the boost back a tad, 20psi on the street is nuts.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
I have dual gt pumps, dual modded FPDMS as well as upgraded line, and 60lb injectors. This setup has seen 24lbs and had more left.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Dual FPDM's and BAP? Or just bring the boost back a tad, 20psi on the street is nuts.

20psi is no joke, but there are plenty of people making more power than me on this setup. Hell, there are plenty of people making more power on STOCK pumps and a BAP. Something ain't stirrin the Kool-aid........

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
20psi is no joke, but there are plenty of people making more power than me on this setup. Hell, there are plenty of people making more power on STOCK pumps and a BAP. Something ain't stirrin the Kool-aid........

I will say this. I had a BAP, and gt pumps and when I was pushing 23lbs I was getting close to maxing out the pumps. My pumps where runing so hard it was blowing the fuse, so I had to upgrade that too. LOL

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
I run about 20# of boost on my Whipple set up. I have a BAP, MAFia, and 60lb injectors. Stock fuel pumps. My BAP was turned all the way up to 50. On the Dynojet my FPDC was right around 90%. BUT, my tuner also said that he has seen as much as a 10% increase in FPDC on the streets as opposed to the dynojet. Since that extra 10% would put me right at 100% FPDC, he recommended that I upgrade my FPDM to give me that 5 - 10% cushion on the street.

Mike

TRBO VNM

I have seen a higher fuel demand in warmer weather than cooler weather. not sure if that is causing this and why the tuner said everything was fine at the time. call them and see if they can pull your logs up and see where you were during the tuning and go from there. as mentioned, a BAP could help or dual fpdm and -8an line upgrade. I always highly recommend those when making that kind of power and running that much boost.

while you say plenty of people are doing this or that, in my mind, who cares(to a point). every car is different and I always recommend being on the safe side. why risk a motor? it is cheaper to do those fuel upgrades than a new motor.

just my opinion.

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
5k seems a little low rpm to be maxing out the 60's. put a bap on it and try it better to be safe then hurt something.also did you remove the check vavle in the tank? if not do that also i've seen a 8-10% difference with that alone.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
5k seems a little low rpm to be maxing out the 60's. put a bap on it and try it better to be safe then hurt something.also did you remove the check vavle in the tank? if not do that also i've seen a 8-10% difference with that alone.

If you have the fiore hat, doesnt that remove it?

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
while you say plenty of people are doing this or that, in my mind, who cares(to a point). every car is different and I always recommend being on the safe side. why risk a motor? it is cheaper to do those fuel upgrades than a new motor.

just my opinion.

I agree 100%. I have not gone the cheap or easy route with ANYTHING on this car and I won't start now. I have built my car as carefully and methodically as I possible can. When I put together my fuel mod list, I planned for 650+rwhp just to be safe and this system was what was most recommended at the time. I will spend whatever cash in necessarry to make the car safe, just trying to figure out what route to go next. I am going to have Billy look at the car this week and see if there isn't some sort of mechanical problem first, then go from there.......

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
yes. and I would agree with chris on the pprv delete if you are still on a stock hat.

Yeah, I may just upgrade the hat and do all new lines in the tank also, time to get off my wallet.......again. :cryying:

TRBO VNM

yeah, I was going to mention if you thought there was a mech. problem. check again with your tuner on the loads. see if there is an abnormal engine load or something that woudl demand more. I know with my first terminator(redfire), there was a load on the engine as if I had a KB or whipple, but I was still running an eaton. just doing a pulley swap and I had Rick at amazon and even Jerry from SCT(when he worked there), looking at it and couldn't figure it out. then I sold it for the comp o.

have you hit the rev limiter lately? Ever have an FRPS issue?

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
Yeah, I may just upgrade the hat and do all new lines in the tank also, time to get off my wallet.......again. :cryying:

I know what you mean man, What sucks is how easy it is to get 500rwhp with a cobra, and how much crap you have to replace to get 600rwhp. Obviously its understandable just sucks.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
have you hit the rev limiter lately? Ever have an FRPS issue?

Not that I can remember, but that is definitely something we will look at.

I know what you mean man, What sucks is how easy it is to get 500rwhp with a cobra, and how much crap you have to replace to get 600rwhp. Obviously its understandable just sucks.

Ugh, sometimes I wish I had just left well enough alone at 500rwhp........then I stab the throttle again. :rockon: The Whipple really is a TON more fun than I expected, now I just gotta make sure the motor is safe. Gotta pay to play right?

speedfreak440

Gear Jammer
Established Member

The other day I had a conversation with my tuner about adding a 100 shot on top of my 17psi KB2.2, He looked over my files & said I had plenty of room left to go with a dry shot. The only fuel mods I have are 60lb'rs BAP & removing the check valve.

Users who are viewing this thread