over 100hp from simple bolt ons!

Undy

Established Member
Three days later I installed all the mods in my sig. The tech looked at the A/F ratios and said that the PCM was still "learning" the new program.. more HP! good deal.. My A/F ratios stabilized between 11.5 and 12.0. I'm v-e-r-y satisfied with the JDM chip. The numbers are: 438.2 rwhp 448.4 rwtq. The increase was a net 87.7 rwhp gain which equates to 103 fwhp! I'll dyno again with the cool weather..:burnout: :beer:

Last edited:

f4sfed

Established Member
EXCELLENT! That's EXACTLY what I'M lookin' at doin'! It may be a couple weeks, but I'll post my new dyno numbers as soon as I get them. :) ...it may be a few weeks.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Undy
Three days later I installed all the mods in my sig. The tech looked at the A/F ratios and said that the PCM was still "learning" the new program.. more HP! good deal.. My A/F ratios stabilized between 11.5 and 12.0. I'm v-e-r-y satisfied with the JDM chip. The numbers are: 438.2 rwhp 448.4 rwtq. The increase was a net 87.7 rwhp gain which equates to 103 fwhp! I'll dyno again with the cool weather..:burnout: :beer:

Nice numbers! However, that JDM chip is not doing JACK $HIT for your air/fuel ratio. Do you realize that you are still running 14.0:1 at 4000rpm. Your air/fuel curve looks exactly like my PRE-TUNE air/fuel curve with mods listed in my signature. SEE THIS THREAD FOR THE DYNO CHART SHOWING PRE-TUNE AND PROPERLY TUNED.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16763&highlight=pressure

One more thing, the computer (PCM) will not adapt to the chip changes. It will adapt to variations in the fuel system when running adaptive AND this variation does have an impact on WOT performance to some degree through the OLFM, but what you saw for air/fuel curve is what you are going to end up with more or less. The reason? With increased boost, the fuel tables are saturating AND only a handful of tuners actually know where to find these tables and how to manipulate them. This is only a 2002 model year and up issue since that is when the new fuel strategies were implemented. My advice is get your air/fuel straightened out before you go too crazy with the car. After that......well, HAVE FUN!!!

Mark

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread