Over 500 rwhp out of a 2V ???

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Originally posted by dalamar_96
Does anyone here have a car pushing over 500 rwhp out of a 2 valve 4.6?
If so, what setup do you have?

My friend has a 2000 GT with Billit Rods,Crank,Pistons and a Prograger! more than 500 HPMAN it AWESOME!

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
My car made 663 rwhp with a built shortblock, ported heads, custom cams, ported bullitt intake, vortech t trim at 17 psi, paxton a/a intercooler, etc etc.

"sheister" is making 601 rwhp with stock heads and intake.....built shortblock, Novi 2k at 18 psi, custom cams, exhaust, etc etc.

500+ rwhp 2V cars are becoming commonplace now and are popping up everywhere. It's not a hard thing to accomplish as many would have you believe. A built shortblock, custom cams, exhaust and 15 psi from a blower will get you 500 rwhp from a good tuner with a 2V. Headwork is absolutely not necessary to make 500 rwhp.

Last edited:

dalamar_96

Established Member
Hey Screwed:
thanks for the response. Sounds pretty sweet.
I just looked at your cars specs on modularmustangs-
you've pretty much tried all the blowers and nitrous.

Could you explain what you liked/disliked about each setup.
I'm curious for some real world feedback.

Do you like your vortech better than procharger.

If you would elaborate, it would be appriciated.

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Originally posted by dalamar_96
Hey Screwed:
thanks for the response. Sounds pretty sweet.
I just looked at your cars specs on modularmustangs-
you've pretty much tried all the blowers and nitrous.

Could you explain what you liked/disliked about each setup.
I'm curious for some real world feedback.

Do you like your vortech better than procharger.

If you would elaborate, it would be appriciated.
My procharger was junk. Blew a seal in 6k miles and I had to jump through hoops to get it warrantied and back. No prochargers for me again.

My vortechs have all been great blowers. After the procharger puked I had it rebuilt and sold it (& it blew on the guy that bought it from me on the dyno again) and installed an S Trim. Gained almost 60 rwhp over the procharger and didn't use an intercooler so I was happy with that. When I built the motor I upgraded to a T Trim and it performed flawlessly, helping me make 663 rwhp. Put the JT Trim on and it opened a whole new can of worms. Made 648 rwhp but with 3 psi less than the T Trim so it was doing the job but my belt was slipping horribly as I was still on the 6 rib pulley setup.

Decided to go with a KB and although it performed great (485 rwhp at only 9 psi) I didn't like the fact that I was spinning it so hard with the smallest blower pulley KB offers so I sold it and am going with something else.

For a street car I say go with a KB hands down. Great power and torque anytime you want it. At the same time the vortech is a great blower and by no means will you have to spin the motor to the moon like many "KB guys" would have you believe to see boost. I just like the big block feel.

Bottom line, in my opinion, is to stay away from the P1SC if you want a procharger. Get the D1SC and you should be fine and will have plenty of room to grow. After dealing with their customer service I won't buy another one though. KB makes a great blower but has the same issue as procharger with customer service. It sucks. Vortech/Paxton has a great product and service so I'm a fan of them. In the end, find a good shop to buy your blower from and deal directly with them instead of the manufacturer if you have a problem.

Sorry for the ramble but I like blowers.
:-D

Last edited:

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
My 1990 Notchback with a Vortech S trim and aftercooler did 460 Rwhp with a very safe tune for Cal 91 octane gas. could make 600 RWHP with a little more agressive tune. Vortechs work good!

dalamar_96

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback guys,
Screwed: thanks for the report. It's good to hear how it is from
someone who isn't trying to sell it to me....

For the comments on the heads - on the 96-98 heads - head swap/work and boost is necessary. Porbably not on the PI heads. I'm not sure about the cam being needed for the 500+ but I know that makes it better.

dalamar_96

Established Member
Originally posted by SSlayer96
No headwork for a 2V to make over 500rwhp:??: Have to say I'm impressed.

like I said above - 96-98 heads 2V heads, definately yes.
I dont know on the 99 up.

You've got some nice numbers on your 96 cobra. What have u done to it?

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Originally posted by SSlayer96
No headwork for a 2V to make over 500rwhp:??: Have to say I'm impressed.
The shop that works on my car has built a number of stock headed 2Vs making over 500 rwhp. Matter of fact, "sheisters" car just made 601 rwhp with stock heads and intake.:thumbsup:

drexebo

On a quest 4 an 03 cobra!
Established Member
Originally posted by screwed
Matter of fact, "sheisters" car just made 601 rwhp with stock heads and intake.:thumbsup:

:lol: That was obviously a computer animated car. If you watch his video closely, you can tell they just dubbed the sounds of some kind of race car over a Pixar computer animation. 601hp on stock h/i... :lol:

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Originally posted by drexebo
:lol: That was obviously a computer animated car. If you watch his video closely, you can tell they just dubbed the sounds of some kind of race car over a Pixar computer animation. 601hp on stock h/i... :lol:
:lol: Now THAT'S a good one because I happened to be standing there when it happened! Clearly, your'e new to the scene or you would know that it's very possible. I guess the car that Haywood built that made 560 rwhp with the stock heads and intake with a little S Trim was a computer animation too. :lol: :rollseyes

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Shinoda claims they get 660 rwhp out of a stock 2V block with their twin turbo Stage 3 packaage.

Users who are viewing this thread