Over-Rev feature will not enable after tune.

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
I just had the ARH Long Tube headers installed on my '13, it has 1700 miles. After install I updated the tune on my car with a tune from Jon Lund. I let the car warm up for a few minutes and I started to head home and waited for the car to warm up fully and the Over-Rev feature will not enable (the red lights will not go away and allow to me rev past 6250) so I tried to see if this was just a bug and the car will actually rev past 6250 but it will not. has anyone heard of or know of a way to correct this? I searched the forums with no luck. Thanks!

Snoopy49

Established Member
Is there a chance that the temp sensor wire was disconnected when the headers were installed?

Myfast70

Established Member
First time I've seen that one come up. Did you change the T stat to a 170 by any chance? Or leave a sensor unplugged?

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
Im not sure, it is going back on the lift tomorrow morning so I can visually inspect it. The shop was closed when I picked it up today otherwise I would have checked myself. Also did not change the T-Stat.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

I spoke with the OP yesterday and again this morning a few times.

Problem solved.

Resolution: Don't use O2 extensions for the front O2 sensors on 2011+ GT500's.

The OP was originally instructed to do so and he passed the info along to the installer who didn't follow instruction.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I spoke with the OP yesterday and again this morning a few times.

Problem solved.

Resolution: Don't use O2 extensions for the front O2 sensors on 2011+ GT500's.

The OP was originally instructed to do so and he passed the info along to the installer who didn't follow instruction.

Without pulling the harness down and under the trans, how do you not use extensions with long tubes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
They will fit, its a just a bitch and requires some manipulation of other mounting points of other wires to allow the most slack for the O2 sensor connections.

masonh

Established Member
Did the guys who did the work solder and shrink wrap each wire individually?

You could probably get away with it if you did it right?

Van@RevanRacing

Did the guys who did the work solder and shrink wrap each wire individually?

You could probably get away with it if you did it right?

Cutting soldering and shrink wrapping the OEM Front O2 sensors has been tried by many and they all eventually fail and cause signal degradation.

Van@RevanRacing

Customers have issues and some do not. Eventually you will likely have an issue. No explanation other than they are very sensitive a/f meters.

Van@RevanRacing

Loosen the wiring harness and pull it down so you can use the OEM O2's. It will reach. It's a bit of a PITA but it will work.

For cars that lower the engine I've had more success with ARH than any other brand. No clearance issues. Had some clearance issues with Stainless Works when lowering the motor.

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
Having the same issue here and cant track it down..
Did not use O2 extensions...
Tried switching the O2 sensors (fronts of course) to see if I plugged the wrong one into the wrong one...
No luck.
Is it possible I damaged the oil temp sensor trying to get the dipstick in? (is that what the sensor is by the dipstick?)
Where is the oil temp sensor on these cars?
Thanks

Snoopy49

Established Member
The ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor is located on the thermostat housing.

Last edited:

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
I think the over rev and launch control use: oil temp, coolant temp, and O2 temps to.determine when car is warm...
Can anyone confirm?
I went into test mode and watched coolant temp hit 170°+

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
That's my biggest worry about doing LTs is trying to bring the wiring harness down so the front 02 sensors will reach, can one of you guys post a pic of how the harness looks pulled down.

Users who are viewing this thread