Overhauling

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
SVT04 said:
Overhaulin is the best automotive rebuild and modification show on the air. It is real and the builds they do are top notch. In a recent show, (in spite of another tool on here criticizing them for not showing engine work) they overhaul a marines (Alonso's) 70 Chev half ton. As he was attached to the engine because his dad built and installed it they went through the rebuild of the engine and yes they did show it and went with more ponies and dress-up items during the build as well. The episode was one just a few moments ago....(May 6..) In other cases they don't have to show the build as they buy a built engine or have brand new crate motors to install.

The builds they do are thorough and complete, they do not cut corners and nothing is hidden.

Chip Foose is a gentleman and one of the nicest down to earth people you could hope to meet. He is talented in a way that some people in the custom car business only wish they were.
I agree that Boyd Coddington is an ass.

I agree, everyone of there vehilces is done right in every department, custom paint, custom body work, custom interior and stereo, totally rebuilt or crate motor, all of the cars get killer brake/suspension setups. I love the show

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
96lasersnake said:
I agree, everyone of there vehilces is done right in every department, custom paint, custom body work, custom interior and stereo, totally rebuilt or crate motor, all of the cars get killer brake/suspension setups. I love the show

It's always been good but it's much better after ditching Courtney - too bad see showed up on the Spike PowerBlock. My GOD she is irritating. :bash:

Herb

frankin

Established Member
grimreefer said:
IIRC, it was a '95 civic and the show was called "Tuner Car". :nonono:

I loved the show when it was about doing a classic resto-mod for those that would never be able to afford it themselves. If they've returned to that format, I might have to check it out again.

Yes, that seems to be the format so far, except maybe for the one about Leno's friend.

Sapperstang

Established Member
SVT04 said:
Overhaulin is the best automotive rebuild and modification show on the air. It is real and the builds they do are top notch. In a recent show, (in spite of another tool on here criticizing them for not showing engine work) they overhaul a marines (Alonso's) 70 Chev half ton. As he was attached to the engine because his dad built and installed it they went through the rebuild of the engine and yes they did show it and went with more ponies and dress-up items during the build as well. The episode was one just a few moments ago....(May 6..) In other cases they don't have to show the build as they buy a built engine or have brand new crate motors to install.

The builds they do are thorough and complete, they do not cut corners and nothing is hidden.

Chip Foose is a gentleman and one of the nicest down to earth people you could hope to meet. He is talented in a way that some people in the custom car business only wish they were.

I like when the guy said he had 30 or 40 K in that truck.

frankin

Established Member
SVT04 said:

Agree 100%. The way this guy can just sketch something right out of his head is just amazing. He also gets involved in the work, when Boyd seems to be a metal butcher. I remember one episode of American Hot Rod, They gave Boyd something simple to do, and he kept screwing it up.

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
Just get to the mods. I'm tired of the 'practical jokes' aspect of the show. Not to throw the thread too far off track, you all see Courtney Hansen on Spike's Power Block TV. The top of her jeans is about 2 inches away from her 'cootchie'.

Users who are viewing this thread