overhead illumination

tonythetiger

Established Member
i was sitting in my buddys vette at night and relize it has a small led that lightly lights the center console from the mirror i got in the cobra looked at the ceiling and what im thinking is that the plastic piece that holds the net (in coupes) in place im thinking i will drill a small hole and buy a bright led (im thinking blue) use some glue on the inside run the wire under the carpet of the ceiling down the pillar to the light switch so when you turn on the the lights the led will illuminate the shifter bezel and radio. im going to try this tomorrow if i succeed i will post pics:rockon: :rockon:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That seems rice to me. I don't know why. It just does.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yeah, I have been in both, and I have never noticed the light.

a94cobra

Established Member
I would have to say in the vette it worked pretty good.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Is it just a light, like a dome light, or is it something that is always on? And, I will look tomorrow.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LEDs would give off a softer, muted light. Probably just enough for what you're looking to do.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
LEDs would give off a softer, muted light. Probably just enough for what you're looking to do.

I have to disagree...a lot of variables affect light output. The view angle, lense design (diffused vs clear etc..), wavelength, & power will determine if you get the soft look or a pin sized laser look (exagerating).

Users who are viewing this thread