Overheard this guy sayin....

haybale

Don't upset Little Man!!!
Established Member
So I'm at my hotel and tues - thursday they have free dinner/wine/beer it's great.

I'm sitting down eating and I see this guy with one of my companys shirts on, he is talking to another guy that was eating. He said something about a truck that ran a 12.56 and walked away. He comes back by and I ask him what part of the company he works for he said out of Kentucky. I asked "you said something about a truck" he said "there is one of those SVR or SVT Black trucks that ran a 12.56 parked outside" I said that's my truck (i didn't wash the dial-in off till last night) it has a dial in of 12.60 but I ran a 12.70" He then asked is that a 302 or a 351? I said neither and explained the Modular motor to him. The other guy that he was talking to stands up and says that's some pretty cool exhaust you have on that truck, my response was that's the bone stock factory exhaust. Then another guy says "I've seen you pull outta the hotel and that thing hauls some azz. There were a few others that commented on my truck.

Makes me feel a lot better for putting so much time and $$ into her.

So pretty much Lightnings are just awesome!!!

wayboarder

Established Member
It does sound interesting though with your bone stock exhaust. All you here is whine and that is it! When are you gonna step up to the 3.4? I mean your built motor and trans, and you make enough....

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
youre built and have stock exhaust? thats a new one!

... but i will agree that overhearing some guys talkin about my truck makes me feel alot better than just someone tellin me its nice!

Last edited:

RMoore92

Established Member
That is the best part about owning these trucks!! I get tones of comments at my work also and everyone wants to goto lunch so they can get joy ride.

soniclightning

Established Member
I get lots of looks in my L, but my pos V6 DD Firebird gets more comments. I don't understand it. I guess because it's shaped like a door stop people think it's fast. :shrug:

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Yeup we all love the ol' ego boost from time to time.. Out of all the vehicles I've owned.. The L has always been the best conversation piece. I think it's because it is cool to a variety of people types and not just to one specific group... It's almost annoying sometimes when going to get gas or coming out of a store to the parking lot and someone starts talking and asking all kinds of questions when you're in a hurry... but most of the time it's fine!

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
My gf's family was asking about how I'd lowered it, custom wheels, exhaust and they couldnt believe it when I said it was 100% factory from the outside. If ford ever did one thing right, it was this truck. Subtle styling, great performance, and so incredibly easy to mod. Im glad that ford never came out with a Gen III, they prob woulda messed it up. Gen II is such big shoes to fill!

FordFanStan

Established Member
My gf's family was asking about how I'd lowered it, custom wheels, exhaust and they couldnt believe it when I said it was 100% factory from the outside. If ford ever did one thing right, it was this truck. Subtle styling, great performance, and so incredibly easy to mod. Im glad that ford never came out with a Gen III, they prob woulda messed it up. Gen II is such big shoes to fill!

Great description. FFS

SVT2122

Established Member
I get lots of looks in my L, but my pos V6 DD Firebird gets more comments. I don't understand it. I guess because it's shaped like a door stop people think it's fast. :shrug:

I get eye balled everywhere I go in my bone stock 2001 GT. I really want to get it tinted soon because of it. Nobody where I'm from knows what a Lightning is.

Taunto

Established Member
same thing happened to me i was talkin with a friend and i walked over to him.. well another one of his friends pulls up in a stock caddialc cts-v.. he starts talking ya ya ya... then he looks at the truck.. (few weeks prior to this I beat his car on the street) hes like i got beat pretty bad by one of them lightnings.. i laugh im like that be me... ppl just dont know how quick these trucks are

GunSmoke

Take ya Money!
Established Member
So I'm at my hotel and tues - thursday they have free dinner/wine/beer it's great.

I'm sitting down eating and I see this guy with one of my companys shirts on, he is talking to another guy that was eating. He said something about a truck that ran a 12.56 and walked away. He comes back by and I ask him what part of the company he works for he said out of Kentucky. I asked "you said something about a truck" he said "there is one of those SVR or SVT Black trucks that ran a 12.56 parked outside" I said that's my truck (i didn't wash the dial-in off till last night) it has a dial in of 12.60 but I ran a 12.70" He then asked is that a 302 or a 351? I said neither and explained the Modular motor to him. The other guy that he was talking to stands up and says that's some pretty cool exhaust you have on that truck, my response was that's the bone stock factory exhaust. Then another guy says "I've seen you pull outta the hotel and that thing hauls some azz. There were a few others that commented on my truck.

Makes me feel a lot better for putting so much time and $$ into her.

So pretty much Lightnings are just awesome!!!

so did you go up to his room afterwards? nice!!!!:dancenana:

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
I remember bout a year ago I was getting gas..and some guy asked if that was the new 08 F-150...Im like no its an 01.....made my night

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
the two most common things i hear, overhear, am asked etc are

1. How many miles to the gallon does your hybrid get

2. oh its just a F-150 with a body kit.

I guess the Hybrid badge thats on there to mess with people is working and then we have idiots that have no clue as to what the truck does.
You shoulda heard the shit the ricers were saying when i was the dyno saturday.

haybale

Don't upset Little Man!!!
Established Member
Umm, were missing the most important part, what Hotel were you at that offered free Beer??

I'm at a Holiday Inn 'Staybridge Suites', they have 2 taps, currently Bud Light and Bud Ale, they also have red and white wine. Tuesday - Thursday from 5:30 to 8pm as much as you can drink self-serve, they also have dinner such as hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, spagetti, other great dishes, it is great!!! Mon - Friday they have free breakfast from 6:30 to 7:30, hot and cold stuff!!!

I recommend the Staybridge Suites to everyone!!!! Free internet also and much more!!!

wayboarder

Established Member
I'm at a Holiday Inn 'Staybridge Suites', they have 2 taps, currently Bud Light and Bud Ale, they also have red and white wine. Tuesday - Thursday from 5:30 to 8pm as much as you can drink self-serve, they also have dinner such as hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, spagetti, other great dishes, it is great!!! Mon - Friday they have free breakfast from 6:30 to 7:30, hot and cold stuff!!!

I recommend the Staybridge Suites to everyone!!!! Free internet also and much more!!!

You should get a free stay for practically smokin there sausage with that ad!

SADF

Established Member
I love it. Every where I go, especially when I lay her out people go nut. Went to the blowout I mean blackout in Athens this past weekend and people went nuts over the truck

Users who are viewing this thread