Overweight cobra newbie

phreakness

Established Member
Well I might be the first if not one of the first to join this group with a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII, with what I call a “cobra lite motor” or a "overweight cobra". The real reason I joined the group is because I want a blower (novi / vortech / ati) :thumbsup: on my daily driver. Yea I know it’s a 2 ton pig. You have to admit a 12 sec marshmallow has some appeal to it (at least for me). I’ve been a lurker for a while and decided to join because I know I’m going to have A LOT of questions on blowers and most the mark 8 guys don’t even know where there oil drain plug is located :shrug: . I plan to get exhaust in the next 2 weeks and a 3.73 posi very soon after that :-D . and then on to the Blower! :burnout: Hope to talk to you guys later

:idea: BTW are there any good speed / dyno shops in the St. Louis area?

cobra%20linc.jpg

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
Welcome to the boards. My mother used to have a '98 Mark VIII SC. Thing was HOT! I got soooo much play in that thing. These guys know their stuff, I'm sure you'll find all the info you need.

phreakness

Established Member
yea i get alot of the "...my grandpa has / had a Mark 8 / 7. i've even had people tell me "its was a grandpa car" and "it couldnt do a 16 sec quarter with a 60mph tailwind." :mj: eh time to put some ricers in their place!

cobra%20linc.jpg

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
Sorry man, didn't mean to offend. I was just saying they are great cars. Guess I should have left the 'mom' part out and just said I got to drive one every once in awhile. Lots of cool options and the dimming interior lights are pimp. What part of STL you live in?

phreakness

Established Member
I'm sorry I didnt mean to seem like i was offend becuase i'm not. its no big deal. I get a laugh out of it most of the time. I'm on the west side in chesterfield but I dirve to Springfield Ill. just about every weekned.

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
I'm about 10 minutes away from you. Hwy K here. I'm just a stocker right now though. There is another member of this board who's got a highly moded, lives down the road from me. We should hook up sometime, I want to see your ride.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Willkommen! Dábro pazhálovatch'! Karibu! Bienvenido! Swaagatam! Merhaba! Ni hao! Welcome!

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Yeah, my dad's got an 89 Mark 7 LSC. That's what got me to love Mustangs. Saturday nights burning rubber in it, blew away many unsuspecting ricers looking for a laugh, only the joke was on them. Loved that thing, but everything imaginable has gone wrong with it, from the windows and sunroof to the radio. Great car when everything's working good. Of course, the Mark 8 LSC has got to be one hell of a car, too.

PS Welcome to the site, you'll love it. Oh, and post some pics of the whole car. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread