Own GT350, drove 2017 Corvette Grand Sport

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I would not touch a gm based on what they've done done as a company. I do hope you enjoy your car.
You don't want an Obama motors car? You should reconsider....

obama-motors.jpg

govt-motors1.jpg

gmlogo2.jpg

free-health-care.jpg

Government-Motors-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
government-motors-obama-bailed-out-with-monumental-495-billi-politics-1440276351.jpg

One more for good measure.

Last edited:

T3RMIN8TOR

Established Member
the car is actually real low and doesn't look like it needs to be lowered at all when you see it in person. besides I don't even know what's out there for lowering this car.

I had a 2015 Z06, I really miss that car. I had to free up money to purchase a larger home. You can lower your ride height on the Corvette with turning the stock lowering bolts, which can be done in your driveway on ramps.

liter of cola

Established Member
I would not touch a gm based on what they've done done as a company. I do hope you enjoy your car.

your missing out by being a fanboy

You can say the same thing about the GT350 lol

not really as no ford dealer is allowing test drives.

Are those the same tires they put on the Z06/7 package? They are seriously rubber bands. I would think that would get old on all but the smoothest of surfaces.
Plus, it looks like a 4x4 tire to fender clearance so yes, the gap looks bad. Sidewall would help on both counts. I don't think F1 or even NASCAR uses profiles close to that so I am unsure why they do here?
Tire height? Then gear it appropriately.
JMHO. Still really like the car.

yes the grand sport has the same tire set up as the z06.... I don't know exactly what your trying to say but the car is perfectly comfy in touring mode. and you should go look at one in person the car is very low the wheel gap looks fine in person. I do wish they didn't put run flats on these but they perform surprisingly well.

With the magnaride suspension i could blind fold you and tell you you were in a Lincoln town car and you'd believe me. Its amazing how subtle, or how wild this car (or at least my dad's z06, i'm assuming all the models with adjustable driving mods are the same) can be with the flick of a switch.

for real... its pretty awesome.

You don't want an Obama motors car? You should reconsider....

experience a flat foot 1-2 shift in a manual vette and you would go buy one the next day.

I had a 2015 Z06, I really miss that car. I had to free up money to purchase a larger home. You can lower your ride height on the Corvette with turning the stock lowering bolts, which can be done in your driveway on ramps.

yeah I heard of this but the wheel gap really doesn't look bad in person and I already gotta tip toe it around some areas in nyc. I don't wanna tear off my carbon fiber lip.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

yes the grand sport has the same tire set up as the z06.... I don't know exactly what your trying to say but the car is perfectly comfy in touring mode. and you should go look at one in person the car is very low the wheel gap looks fine in person. I do wish they didn't put run flats on these but they perform surprisingly well.

experience a flat foot 1-2 shift in a manual vette and you would go buy one the next day.

yeah I heard of this but the wheel gap really doesn't look bad in person and I already gotta tip toe it around some areas in nyc. I don't wanna tear off my carbon fiber lip.
I test drove a z06 before I bought my gt350.

It's fast, obnoxious, low to the ground, cramped and sounds like every other ls powered car since 1997.

Performance is unreal, but I'm just enjoying my gt350 too much in day to day driving. Maybe in the future I'll look at one.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Wow, fanboy really is that all you could come back with?

The government collects billions with insider trading by covering up gm known deaths and you call me a fanboy? That's bold!

Performance the vette is ahead no doubt. But joy of driving the media and those who have driven both say, no. Yes I would still buy a GT350 or Viper.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
Wow, fanboy really is that all you could come back with?

The government collects billions with insider trading by covering up gm known deaths and you call me a fanboy? That's bold!

Performance the vette is ahead no doubt. But joy of driving the media and those who have driven both say, no. Yes I would still buy a GT350 or Viper.

so you gonna repeat the magazine hype, and act like GM is some kind of criminal organization? lmfao... one thing they havnt done in the magazines is cross shop the grand sport vs the Shelby.... if they did im 100% sure witch car would be on top in every aspect other than sound and engine characteristics. the grand sport is a serious contender in the 60k-70k price range and I don't think anything beats it right now.

you should close your face hole until you drive one.

viper is in the 85k-130k price range that's another level and magazine heroes still prefer the vette over it.

for another 15-20k i'll be in the viper price range and have 700hp all motor, aint no 85k viper keeping up with that.

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
so you gonna repeat the magazine hype, and act like GM is some kind of criminal organization? lmfao... one thing they havnt done in the magazines is cross shop the grand sport vs the Shelby.... if they did im 100% sure witch car would be on top in every aspect other than sound and engine characteristics. the grand sport is a serious contender in the 60k-70k price range and I don't think anything beats it right now.

viper is in the 85k-130k price range that's another level and magazine heroes still prefer the vette over it.

for another 15-20k i'll be in the viper price range and have 700hp all motor, aint no 85k viper keeping up with that.

Give it a rest man, we get it, you like your vette and the adm/no test drive/long wait climate of the GT350s turned you away. But you are calling us fanbois all while you are doing exactly the same thing as a typical fanboi, touting off how great your car is and this and that. And its really ironic you are telling others to go test drive the vette first, when you made your decision without ever driving a GT350! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black lol.

The GS is a great buy on paper, no doubt, just not everyone's cup of tea. I dont give two shits if its a second or two faster the the GT350 in the hands of a pro, I dont care how much power you can make if you dump a ton of money on it, the LS powered GM cars just don't do it for me. And I don't wear gold chains.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I bet my <$85k Viper would outrun your GS....just saying.

I can think of 2 others on this forum that can as well.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

No. I'm going repeat the professional driver hype. Many who have driven cars a lot more expensive than your gs rave about the 350R. New ACR nothing can beat it, 488 bout time they got performance back, GT3RS total track car, insert $200+ car here, etc and they keep raving about the 350R. Performance, driving dynamics, on track feel, Ford got it right.

I like how you go back to time, well well it's faster. Then you got the right car if you care more about what people see than what you drive. And the modding discussion funny as hell. Yes you can tak a Miata with 50k mod money and make it turn great laps. I hope you're not inferrering a fast Miata is better than your new gs just because of lap times?

Speaking of lap times. At sears point I was watching a base gt pull laps 5 to 6 seconds faster than 991 GT3 and c7z. Guess we now know who bought the better car...since its you that says the better car is faster on the track.

Last edited:

hedgehog

Established Member
I cant imagin what the gt 500 will cost if the gtr is 25k over the gt 350 , WTF is the GT 500 going to cost .glad I got a ZO6 corvette.it better be more than a 1000hp. ford is throwing you ass holes under the buss :banana:

liter of cola

Established Member
Give it a rest man, we get it, you like your vette and the adm/no test drive/long wait climate of the GT350s turned you away. But you are calling us fanbois all while you are doing exactly the same thing as a typical fanboi, touting off how great your car is and this and that. And its really ironic you are telling others to go test drive the vette first, when you made your decision without ever driving a GT350! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black lol.

The GS is a great buy on paper, no doubt, just not everyone's cup of tea. I dont give two shits if its a second or two faster the the GT350 in the hands of a pro, I dont care how much power you can make if you dump a ton of money on it, the LS powered GM cars just don't do it for me. And I don't wear gold chains.

Only thing that turned me away from a gt350 is i found out i could get a batmobile for 7k more

I bet my <$85k Viper would outrun your GS....just saying.

I can think of 2 others on this forum that can as well.

I paid 67k for the vette another 10k and i'll be at 550whp and in your price range, no way your old snake is keeping up with that ;-)

No. I'm going repeat the professional driver hype. Many who have driven cars a lot more expensive than your gs rave about the 350R. New ACR nothing can beat it, 488 bout time they got performance back, GT3RS total track car, insert $200+ car here, etc and they keep raving about the 350R. Performance, driving dynamics, on track feel, Ford got it right.

I like how you go back to time, well well it's faster. Then you got the right car if you care more about what people see than what you drive. And the modding discussion funny as hell. Yes you can tak a Miata with 50k mod money and make it turn great laps. I hope you're not inferrering a fast Miata is better than your new gs just because of lap times?

Speaking of lap times. At sears point I was watching a base gt pull laps 5 to 6 seconds faster than 991 GT3 and c7z. Guess we now know who bought the better car...since its you that says the better car is faster on the track.

What the hell are you getting at? First off the 350r is unattainable... and that "base mustang" your talking about was probably fully built and was running slicks. I been in and out of s550's left and right and even let my friend drive my vette while i drove his s550. ITs just not the same level of car, the s550 feels like a bentley continental gt after driving the vette. The viper/vette format is just the superior sports car setup. I like the feel better i like the low slung charecteristic of them. They are simply more purpose built, i still love the mustang of course i always will, but its just not on the same level. We're comparing a gt car to a sportscar/ supercar. Mustang is a bit of a compromise. The corvette is more true to its purpose.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I paid 67k for the vette another 10k and i'll be at 550whp and in your price range, no way your old snake is keeping up with that ;-)

I don't know... I gave $74k for mine then spent another $4k. It has 628rwhp. But feel free to come give it a go, I'd be down to grab a beer either way.

liter of cola

Established Member
Im not the only one high on this cars performance.

[video]https://youtu.be/GbtoXMOiqtQ[/video]

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
I don't know... I gave $74k for mine then spent another $4k. It has 628rwhp. But feel free to come give it a go, I'd be down to grab a beer either way.

If price wasnt an issue i woulda picked up a new acr, unfortunatley $67k was at the edge of being too much, im not rich.

If i didnt wanna stay all motor i could spend the same money for that 550whp and get 650whp with a supercharger and be at your price point in a brand new vette with more power and more tech ;)

Beer sounds good right now u buyin?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread