Own GT350, drove 2017 Corvette Grand Sport

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Just watched the car and driver lightning laps around VIR. The grand sport was 4.7 seconds faster than a gt350R! Thats pretty serious.

Grand sport 2:47.1

Gt350R 2:51.8

Here are the you tube links if you wanna watch the lightning laps

https://youtu.be/nL1LrmT5RSo

Corvette^

https://youtu.be/_OcIXb_iemo

Gt350R^

Different drivers different days. Do you really think the gs is as fast as the 991 gt3rs? LL times very by as much as 3 sec considering driver skill and inconsistency. The GT3RS is .25 off of the z06 time at LS a track that's half as long as VIR. But according to LL the difference is 2.5 secs rather than .5?

No doubt the gs is faster than the R. I highly question how much faster.

liter of cola

Established Member
I was under the impression they let all there guys run each car and the fastest times get posted.

Which imo sounds like a more accurate way of finding out how fast each car can be as some ppl will be faster with certain cars and slower with others hence randy pobst and his fear of the viper, which caused the TA to lose to the zr1. Lol.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
If you really want fast lap times there's WAY cheaper ways to do it. A c5 with a few mods and slicks will probably fly passed you like you're in reverse ha ha.

These lap times have become somewhat of a joke. There's no way to decipher to what limit a car was driven to. Which is why we've seen huge disparities even with the exact same car.

I think the GS is faster, but the actual times and disparity mean jackshit.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I was under the impression they let all there guys run each car and the fastest times get posted.

Which imo sounds like a more accurate way of finding out how fast each car can be as some ppl will be faster with certain cars and slower with others hence randy pobst and his fear of the viper, which caused the TA to lose to the zr1. Lol.

Then it would be one driver driving them all as he would always get the best time in each vehicle.
Behind the scenes. Start at 2:55 of video. Clearly you see drivers with their list of cats they will drive on white board.
https://youtu.be/_Ur2NY5n2Ok

liter of cola

Established Member
I bought a chevy guys... cant you let me make myself feel a little better about it?!

:cryying:

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
For $26k more... I'd hope so, right?

Actually you can easily find a grand sport with the z07 package for a lot less than $27k more than a gt350R's msrp, and no gt350R's are msrp. You'd be lucky to find an R for the price of the vette in that video.

Heres a cheap one, actually $70k after you realize you dont qualify for any of the discounts, lol but still a bargain for a z07 package car.

http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sa...roup=MAN&mmt=[CHEV[CORV[CORV|Grand+Sport]][]]

I was tempted to buy this one myself but figured the brakes and tires in th z07 package are overkill for the street and the car i opted for has some cool options where this car is pretty bare bones, as its a 1LT if im not mistaken.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Yep, another brand new gm selling for 10k under msrp. Love it!!

As far as buying a gm. Hats off that you can afford an 80k car and still live life, many can't.:beer: If it was my money no I'd be searching for GT350 at msrp.

liter of cola

Established Member

As far as buying a gm. Hats off that you can afford an 80k car and still live life, many can't.:beer: If it was my money no I'd be searching for GT350 at msrp.

im hella happy they sellin these at 10k off msrp or else i probably wouldnt have been able to afford one.

mine just arrived btw, heres some pics idk why this damn site wont let me post them in the thread.

https://goo.gl/photos/r3dpvtpGKTmhXEUM6

Last edited:

Established Member
im hella happy they sellin these at 10k off msrp or else i probably wouldnt have been able to afford one.

mine just arrived btw, heres some pics idk why this damn site wont let me post them in the thread.

https://goo.gl/photos/r3dpvtpGKTmhXEUM6

Love it in black. The black trim pieces disappear in that color. I would want the red interior if available on the GS.

I assume everything is tuned to work together, but can you lower it and get some bigger rubber under there without messing things up? Looks like a Donk SUV as delivered.

Don't take that as a slam, I think the GS is killer and until R's trade closer to MSRP, it would be my first choice too. And I bleed Ford Blue.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
the car is actually real low and doesn't look like it needs to be lowered at all when you see it in person. besides I don't even know what's out there for lowering this car.

liter of cola

Established Member

go test drive a manual grand sport and then lets see if you still feel like that.

Voltwings

Established Member
Love it in black. The black trim pieces disappear in that color. I would want the red interior if available on the GS.

I assume everything is tuned to work together, but can you lower it and get some bigger rubber under there without messing things up? Looks like a Donk SUV as delivered.

Don't take that as a slam, I think the GS is killer and until R's trade closer to MSRP, it would be my first choice too. And I bleed Ford Blue.

the car is actually real low and doesn't look like it needs to be lowered at all when you see it in person. besides I don't even know what's out there for lowering this car.

The car is set up to where it can actually be slightly lowered from the factory. The adjustability in the suspension comes from the fact that you can actually corner balance these cars in stock form, but some people just drop it all the way down for looks.

Established Member
The car is set up to where it can actually be slightly lowered from the factory. The adjustability in the suspension comes from the fact that you can actually corner balance these cars in stock form, but some people just drop it all the way down for looks.

Are those the same tires they put on the Z06/7 package? They are seriously rubber bands. I would think that would get old on all but the smoothest of surfaces.

Plus, it looks like a 4x4 tire to fender clearance so yes, the gap looks bad. Sidewall would help on both counts. I don't think F1 or even NASCAR uses profiles close to that so I am unsure why they do here?

Tire height? Then gear it appropriately.

JMHO. Still really like the car.

Voltwings

Established Member
Are those the same tires they put on the Z06/7 package? They are seriously rubber bands. I would think that would get old on all but the smoothest of surfaces.

Plus, it looks like a 4x4 tire to fender clearance so yes, the gap looks bad. Sidewall would help on both counts. I don't think F1 or even NASCAR uses profiles close to that so I am unsure why they do here?

Tire height? Then gear it appropriately.

JMHO. Still really like the car.

With the magnaride suspension i could blind fold you and tell you you were in a Lincoln town car and you'd believe me. Its amazing how subtle, or how wild this car (or at least my dad's z06, i'm assuming all the models with adjustable driving mods are the same) can be with the flick of a switch.

Users who are viewing this thread