Own GT350, drove 2017 Corvette Grand Sport

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cant quite agree with you there. Almost every dealer in N.Va has 350's sitting on lots. Ford dealers in my opinion are greedy. While Chevy dealers actually rather sell cars.
What's the average days on lot per vehicle?

If you can answer that, then give sound reasoning why it doesn't matter (because it's a landslide favoring the GT350), then your opinion matters.

Voltwings

Established Member
Cant quite agree with you there. Almost every dealer in N.Va has 350's sitting on lots. Ford dealers in my opinion are greedy. While Chevy dealers actually rather sell cars.

I dont know that i can agree with that. When the Gen 5 Z/28 first came out it was commanding quite the premium, and now they cant give them away.

krt22

Established Member

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Im not sure but some places say over 10k/unit.

Seems high to me...but I'm not even sure where to begin looking to find the answer.

Is that factoring in the average cost per worker to assemble, all the parts, regional advertising, etc?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Seems high to me...but I'm not even sure where to begin looking to find the answer.

Is that factoring in the average cost per worker to assemble, all the parts, regional advertising, etc?

All r and d costs plus marketing plus product plus build cost all divided by total units produced. Subtract that number from what you pay including the holdback money you get back. Is Fords cost per vehicle under 45k for a 17 electronics pack?

Voltwings

Established Member
All r and d costs plus marketing plus product plus build cost all divided by total units produced. Subtract that number from what you pay including the holdback money you get back. Is Fords cost per vehicle under 45k for a 17 electronics pack?

Well, it also helps that GM can amortize the cost of a lot of its cars across several vehicles. The LT1 for example is a staple in the camaro lineup as well. Really makes things cheap.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Back to the GT350 vs. Grand Sport...

I just rode in a friend of mine's new Grand Sport. What a great car.. He purchased all the options except the ceramic brakes and the Cup tires.

The electronics are far superior to the GT350. The front recording camera is a very neat touch. The interior is more driver-centered, like most of GM's products in the past. The seats were comfortable.

The GT350 has much better visibility. Looks more unique compared to its base counterpart. Sounds better (stock). The ride is comparable, but you can tell the GT350 is heavier.

Now, I'm not a Mustang fanboy, as I've always been a motor-head that enjoys anything fast...I'd buy a GT350 over a Grand Sport.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting thanks Nick!

I'm about as far from biased as can be.

I do like the exterior look better of the Grand Sport. It has more of a super-car look than a GT350 does.

4093b09203724cdd0cf9cd9727c056cd.jpg

CO Mack

Established Member
Pretty hard to argue against the Vette for performance per dollar.

My best trips in the GT350 have been with more people or cargo than a Vette can carry though.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When you say that, what are your deciding factors?

Sound of the car, it's REALLY hard to beat the high revs of the 5.2L. It's magical.

The Recaros fit me better in the GT350. I had 65,000 x's better visibility. I prefer the 6-speed in the GT350. Extra 2 seats, allows me to put the driver seat back as far as I'd like to be comfortable. Much less rear road noise in the GT350, I imagine because the trunk is sealed off from the cabin.

Not that it matters in your particular instance, but I've always had a hard time justifying the Corvette depreciation curve. It looks a lot like a ski slope.

car_owner_costs_2012_zpsok4poi8l.png

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
its a nice ****ing gold chain dammit!!!

Also on a lighter note....

Katech has a package for 600hp n/a $8650

http://katechengines.com/performance/vehicles/c7-corvette/

Not sure if that includes labor though, prolly not. So more like $13k plus long tubes. Still pretty sick.

Lets say $15k all in.
Intake, cam, full exhaust and a tune will get you to 525+rwhp. All for around $5k installed if you piece it together yourself.

Another benefit to having a good ol pushrod, (basically the same since 1997), there's no guesswork. Whether you buy a 1998 trans am or 2017 gs an additonal 100rwhp is easily found. It will also sound and feel the same.

Definitely not what a GT350 engine sounds and feels like!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread