Own GT350, drove 2017 Corvette Grand Sport

liter of cola

Established Member
Oh well... my murdered out grand sport manual 7 speed , same one i posted will be in my hands next week. I bit the bullet. Idc how bad im gonna lose my ass on this one, when your in love your in love.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh well... my murdered out grand sport manual 7 speed , same one i posted will be in my hands next week. I bit the bullet. Idc how bad im gonna lose my ass on this one, when your in love your in love.
Lol

Just enjoy. It's your money!

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member

I know the feeling. I can't get a GT350 knowing there's a (used) Z06 that can be had for not too much more... but at the same time I can't justify making the jump with all the value the Z06 will continue to lose. So I continue to sit on the sidelines.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
A GS MIGHT be half a level higher than a GT350...might.
Might?? There is a noticeable performance gap between a Z51 and GT350 as it is. The GS is definitely on an another level.

If this were baseball, the Z06 would be the majors, the GS would be AAA, the Z51 AA, and the GT350 would be single A. Still a professional performer, but with a ways to go. A better comp to the GT350 would be a base C7. It's nothing to sneeze at, but don't get too carried away.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Might?? There is a noticeable performance gap between a Z51 and GT350. The GS is definitely on an another level.

If this were baseball, the Z06 would be the majors, the GS would be AAA, and the GT350 would be single A. Still a professional performer, but with a ways to go. A better comp to the GT350 would be a base C7. It's nothing to sneeze at, but don't get too carried away.
On the track. On the street there isn't much difference. He's driving 99% street time with maybe 1% track time.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Might?? There is a noticeable performance gap between a Z51 and GT350 as it is. The GS is definitely on an another level.

If this were baseball, the Z06 would be the majors, the GS would be AAA, the Z51 AA, and the GT350 would be single A. Still a professional performer, but with a ways to go. A better comp to the GT350 would be a base C7. It's nothing to sneeze at, but don't get too carried away.

Noticeable, says who? We Independent pro drivers hitting the same time around a road course and amateur drivers with scorched 350 brakes saying the z51 is faster.

Regardless the gs is faster than the 350 and 350R. But I have yet to here one driver say it's better. Noting gm already has discounts on the gs to sell them I doubt they drive like they perform.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Noting gm already has discounts on the gs to sell them I doubt they drive like they perform.

They probably do drive like the perform. I'm far from a Mustang fan boy, it's obvious Corvettes are great bang for your buck cars.

The reason GM has to discount them so much to sell them is they do a horrible job gauging the market demand and ALWAYS overshooting it with supply.

Fordetails is very good at supply/demand of its specialty cars, always has been.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Everybody that gets in the 350R raves about the feel of the car and how it connects the driver to the road Nick. Well everyone but you. They compare it to the Ferrari's and GT3 of this world. While other cars are indeed faster the wow factor the drive factor is just not there. The GT350 is what BMW M series used to be.

krt22

Established Member
They probably do drive like the perform. I'm far from a Mustang fan boy, it's obvious Corvettes are great bang for your buck cars.

The reason GM has to discount them so much to sell them is they do a horrible job gauging the market demand and ALWAYS overshooting it with supply.

Fordetails is very good at supply/demand of its specialty cars, always has been.

Agreed, but also two very different business models. GM has a dedicated factory for vettes, so its to their advantage to pump out as many as possible, including autos and verts for everyone one under the sun. Even if it means selling them at big discounts, all that says is they must carry pretty big margins. The GT350 is the exact opposite, its a low volume car getting cut into a high volume line. I imagine their margins are quite as high so there is no incentive to flood the market.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Agreed, but also two very different business models. GM has a dedicated factory for vettes, so its to their advantage to pump out as many as possible, including autos and verts for everyone one under the sun. Even if it means selling them at big discounts, all that says is they must carry pretty big margins. The GT350 is the exact opposite, its a low volume car getting cut into a high volume line. I imagine their margins are quite as high so there is no incentive to flood the market.
I think Corvettes have a 3.5-4% markup just like most new cars. GT350s are closer to 3%.

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member

Cant quite agree with you there. Almost every dealer in N.Va has 350's sitting on lots. Ford dealers in my opinion are greedy. While Chevy dealers actually rather sell cars.

Users who are viewing this thread